About the Job:
At LaunchDarkly, we believe that every company is, or will be a software company. We also believe that all software teams benefit from feature management to reduce risk and increase business value.
We are seeking a seasoned General Manager to take responsibility for driving expansion, landing new enterprise customers, and generally expanding the Feature Management category overall through our Core Product group.
In this role, you will be responsible for growing the core business for LD. You will create and deliver on our overall strategy while driving toward a revenue goal. You will be partnering closely with the executive team, cross-functional leads across other groups, and a large team of engineers, designers, and product managers within the core group. You will also provide product discipline leadership, mentorship, and management of a team of product managers.
We’re searching for a strategic thinker with the ability to combine business acumen and deep technical experience to develop and drive a bold, multi-year product vision that directly impacts new monetization opportunities and revenue growth. This role will have a clear, direct and measurable impact on the company’s core business line and revenue targets. We are looking for someone with a business mindset, strong product sense, and flawless communication skills to build a plan, make defensible investment decisions, and drive successful outcomes for the business.
- Partner with revenue and marketing teams to create a coherent strategy across the company to drive product usage, expansion velocity, and category expansion for new monetization opportunities and revenue growth.
- Partner with Marketing, Customer Success, and Revenue Leadership to develop repeatable, defensible models for hitting annual revenue and customer targets.
- Understand user needs and market shifts to inform and develop a compelling vision for the future of the product, managing short/long-term goals and investments to scale solutions across a number of persona and industry verticals.
- Create, deliver, and lead a multi-year technical/product roadmap mapping to critical impact-based milestones, managing short/long-term technology investments.
- Lead a group of Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers to create, drive, and deliver innovative, compelling product experiences.
- Maintain tight relationships with key customers in service of bi-directional flow of information that improves and informs the product direction and clarifies the value proposition.
- Develop and expand talent through effective mentoring, succession planning, and retention strategies.
- 15 years of professional experience, including 5 years of leadership experience in product development or engineering.
- Experience developing, managing, and/or leading a team of product managers (and indirectly other functions like engineers and product designers).
- Experience managing to a P&L
- Ability to size new product opportunities with high rigor using available data (internal and publicly available)
- Ability to communicate information, develop strategy, and define roadmaps in innovative ways, and drive team/peers to deliver results.
- Experience in the developer tools, B2B SaaS & enterprise products industry
- Proven experience designing, developing, and launching products from early stage to market maturity.
- Experience driving product excellence across different functional lines in complex and high velocity environments.
- Deep understanding and experience with the full software development lifecycle - including processes and products outside of LaunchDarkly.
- Ability to build and lead high performing teams
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
Please submit your:
- Leadership profile
- Case Study of Business Impact
- Writing sample
Target pay range for a Level 5 in San Francisco/Bay Area: $234,000 - $275,000*
*Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), health, vision, and dental insurance, and mental health benefits in addition to salary.
LaunchDarkly operates from a place of high trust and transparency; we are happy to state the pay range for our open roles to best align with your needs. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, degree level, and location.
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves trillions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
One of our company values is 'Widen the Circle'. Which means we seek out diversity of perspectives to get better results. We understand everyone has their own unique talents and experiences. We encourage you to apply to this role even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above. We can find out together if it's the right match for your skillset.
Learn more about the interview process & what it’s like to work with LaunchDarkly's Product Delivery team!
LaunchDarkly is also committed to giving back to our community and is a part of Pledge 1%, an organization that helps companies make this a priority. Through this initiative and its charitable arm, the LaunchDarkly Foundation, the company is committed to such causes as supporting education for the underserved, homelessness relief and moving towards having a net-zero carbon footprint. You can find more about the LaunchDarkly Foundation and the organizations we serve at https://launchdarkly.com/foundation/.
Do you need a disability accommodation?
Fill out this accommodations request form and someone from our People Operations team will contact you for assistance.