As a Director of Expert Services within the Professional Services organization, you will have the opportunity to define and build the Solutions Architect and long-term consulting teams at LaunchDarkly. You will manage, mentor, and coach multiple leaders as they lead highly technical, customer facing teams in a post-sale capacity. LaunchDarkly is a company experiencing high levels of growth, we need a leader who can help build up a foundation of excellence and mentor and coach a team to provide great customer experiences.
You will be responsible for leading multiple roles as Director of Expert Services. You will lead both our Solutions Architect leaders and the leader of our consultants who work longer term with our customer to achieve scaled adoption of our product and improve their software delivery capabilities. You will be responsible for the direction and vision of the team, as well as coaching and mentoring leaders in the organization. We need a leader who deeply understands software delivery and who is excited about shaping the way organizations around the world ship their software.
LaunchDarkly is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to help teams build better software faster. You'll join a small team from companies like Atlassian, Intercom, and GitHub, and you'll have an immediate impact on our product and customers.
- Attract, hire, and retain cross functional leaders of our Strategic Solutions Architects, Enterprise Solutions Architects, and our long-term consulting leader.
- Plan, develop, and execute the Solutions Architects and consulting programs at LaunchDarkly. This includes identifying and tracking KPIs, implementing new processes, and developing programs to maximize the impact of the teams you are responsible for.
- Work cross-functionally with other internal stakeholders such as sales, support, product, engineering, platform, and marketing to provide customer insight and enable ongoing improvement of products and services.
- Work with LaunchDarkly’s customers to ensure their success as needed.
- Mentor the leaders you are responsible for on how to help their team members do the best work of their lives.
- Become a subject matter expert on LaunchDarkly.
- Help your teams be the voice of the customer by translating, aggregating, and representing customer feedback to the Product and Engineering teams.
- You have managed customer facing, highly technical teams.
- You have a deep understanding of how software is delivered and how companies can improve their software delivery approach to achieve their organization’s objectives. You are familiar with concepts of DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery.
- You have managed teams at a company going through a major transition, such as high growth velocity and rapid customer acquisition.
- You have a strong focus on strategic customer engagement, building customer relationships, and delivering the value of our products.
- You are empathetic. We want LaunchDarkly to be the best place our team members have ever worked. We need an empathetic leader who knows deeply the pulse of their team and actively looks to improve the day-to-day experience of people on their team. We want a leader who listens to their teams' concerns and works in a focused manner to remove their obstacles with them and improve our organization.
- You are a self‐starter and excited to take on complex problems.
- You have worked as a consultant in your career, and understand the needs of customers when they work with customers.
- You have worked at an organization who used partners to help them deliver their services, and you can create relationships with people outside of our organization to ensure our customers' success.
- You have demonstrated the desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- You are an enthusiastic and creative individual with the ability to inspire others.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You have strong leadership skills with a validated ability to influence inside and outside of the organization at the highest levels.
- You have worked with one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 20 Trillion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
LaunchDarkly is also committed to giving back to our community and is a part of Pledge 1%, an organization that helps companies make this a priority. Through this initiative and its charitable arm, the LaunchDarkly Foundation, the company is committed to such causes as supporting education for the underserved, homelessness relief and moving towards having a net-zero carbon footprint. You can find more about the LaunchDarkly Foundation and the organizations we serve at https://launchdarkly.com/foundation/.