Our Business Development team is designed to be the best place to start your rapid rise in the world of software, whether you’re new to sales or an experienced professional in the process of moving over from another type of product.
Lots of companies try to say they’re a great place to be a BDR. What makes LaunchDarkly special?
Growth = available promotions - our company just raised $200M, and has almost doubled in size several years running. In May-August 2021 we promoted >30% of our team to non-BDR roles.
Focus on your future career - our team is run by a former career coach. We care about what you want to do post-BDR, provide regular Q&As and mentoring with people in the roles you might be promoted into, and offer resume help and interview support when it’s time to try for the next job.
Rewards for overperformance - unlike most BDR programs, it’s possible to be eligible for promotion after as little as 6 months for overperforming targets. Most people don’t achieve growth this rapid, but if you do, we reward fast ramps and overachievement.
All the best parts of remote and in-office - want to be remote forever? Great, we’ll never require you to return to an office. Want to be in an office? If you’re in or move to Oakland, CA or Atlanta, GA you’ll be able to enjoy our office culture (once it’s safe to return).
- Find, prospect, nurture, and qualify new leads through outbound prospecting via phone calls, LinkedIn, and email campaigns
- EITHER 1 year of experience selling something or working in sales development
- OR technical background (coursework towards CS degree, IT work, etc) and 0 sales experience
Bonus points if you have these, but not required:
- Success as a salesperson in other fields - we love helping great salespeople move to SaaS!
- Technical background - this helps develop relationships with our prospects
- Self starter who loves to learn, grow and excel in whatever you do - whether that has been in sales or not. If you have some awesome achievements, tell us about them!
- Demonstrated history of persistence
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 100 billion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka ”dark launching”). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.