About the Job:
As a Manager of Solutions Architects, you will have the opportunity to define and build the Solutions Architects (SA) enterprise program at LaunchDarkly. You will manage, mentor, and coach a team of SAs and lead the next stage of our evolution. As the SA Manager at LaunchDarkly, you will serve in a player-coach capacity to build out the program.
Solutions Architects at LaunchDarkly are an elite team who helps companies achieve progressive delivery. Solutions Architects are critical contributors to the Revenue team, applying technical product expertise to build relevant solutions for LaunchDarkly customers. By joining LaunchDarkly, you will work with software development teams at some of the most advanced companies across industries, including Technology, Finance & Insurance, Pharmaceuticals & Life Science, Entertainment, and more.
LaunchDarkly is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to help teams build better software faster. You'll join a small team from companies like Atlassian, Intercom, and GitHub, and you'll have an immediate impact on our product and customers.
- Attract, hire, and retain a team of Solutions Architects, including managing high potential individual contributors, ensuring rapid onboarding for new team members, and fostering collaboration with internal teams.
- Plan, develop and execute the Solutions Architects program at LaunchDarkly. This includes identifying and tracking KPIs, implementing new processes, and developing programs to maximize the impact of the SA team.
- Work cross-functionally with other internal stakeholders such as sales, support, product, engineering, platform, and marketing to provide customer insight and enable ongoing improvement of products and services.
- Work with LaunchDarkly’s customers to ensure their success.
- Advise our customers on software development best practices and how to leverage LaunchDarkly.
- Actively commit to helping the Solutions Architect team iterate to excellence.
- Become a subject matter expert on LaunchDarkly.
- Be the voice of the customer by translating, aggregating, and representing customer feedback to the Product and Engineering teams.
- You have a strong desire to manage a team at a company going through a major transition, such as high growth velocity and rapid customer acquisition.
- You have a strong focus on strategic customer engagement, building customer relationships, and delivering the value of our products.
- You are a self‐starter and excited to take on complex problems.
- You have demonstrated the desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- You are an enthusiastic and creative individual with the ability to inspire others.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You have strong leadership skills with a validated ability to influence inside and outside of the organization at the highest levels.
- You are familiar with the software development lifecycle.
- You are familiar with DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery.
- You have worked with one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 20 Trillion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
LaunchDarkly is also committed to giving back to our community and is a part of Pledge 1%, an organization that helps companies make this a priority. Through this initiative and its charitable arm, the LaunchDarkly Foundation, the company is committed to such causes as supporting education for the underserved, homelessness relief and moving towards having a net-zero carbon footprint. You can find more about the LaunchDarkly Foundation and the organizations we serve at https://launchdarkly.com/foundation/.