As a Solutions Engineering Manager, you will serve in a player-coach capacity to manage, mentor, and coach a team of SEs.
Solutions Engineers at LaunchDarkly educate and guide prospects on the proper implementation of LaunchDarkly's SaaS product and Private Instances. They are passionate about trends and technologies involved in modern application development. They are the technical voice during our sale and ensure our customers are comfortable with the way our systems work. They are passionate about the developer tools space and helping development teams eliminate risk and deliver value.
LaunchDarkly is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to help teams build better software, faster. You'll join a small team from companies like Atlassian, Intercom, and GitHub, and you'll have an immediate impact on our product and customers.
- Attract, hire, and retain a team of Solutions Engineers, including managing high potential individual contributors, ensure rapid onboarding for new team members, and foster collaboration with internal teams.
- Work cross-functionally with other internal stakeholders such as sales, product, engineering, platform, and marketing to provide customer insight and enable ongoing improvement of products and services.
- Work with LaunchDarkly’s most strategic customers to ensure their success.
- Advise our customers on software development best practices and how to leverage LaunchDarkly.
- Actively commit to helping the solutions engineering team iterate to excellence.
- Become a subject matter expert on LaunchDarkly.
- Be the voice of the customer by translating, aggregating, and representing customer feedback to the Product and Engineering teams.
- You have experience managing a team at a company going through a major transition, such as high growth velocity and rapid customer acquisition
- You are able to manage using influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus-building.
- You have a strong focus on strategic customer engagement, building customer relationships, and delivering the value of our products.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where success criteria for major initiatives are not always pre-defined.
- You learn and synthesize large amounts of information with little context.
- You are an effective communicator and you can simplify complex technical concepts.
- You are a self‐starter and excited to take on hard problems.
- You are passionate about helping customers and have a strong sense of ownership.
- You can effectively communicate with experts from different backgrounds, and build strong stakeholder relationships.
- You have a technical background and are interested in a customer-facing role.
- You have demonstrated the desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- You are an enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You have strong leadership skills with validated ability to influence inside and outside of the organization at the highest levels.
- You are familiar with the software development lifecycle.
- You have worked with teams that underwent development process transformation.
- You are comfortable with at least one of our supported languages: Java, .NET, Go, JS, Python, PHP, NodeJS, Ruby, Rails, iOS, or Android.
- You are familiar with DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery.
- You have worked with one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- You have worked with Linux, Docker, and Virtual Machines.
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves hundreds of billions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly. LaunchDarkly is also committed to giving back to our community by donating 1% of annual revenue to local charities and organizations. You can find more about the LaunchDarkly Foundation and the organizations we serve at https://launchdarkly.com/foundation/.