About the Job
LaunchDarkly is seeking a Senior Deal Desk Manager to manage its Deal Desk Team of 2, and to continue to build out the Team and the function as the Company continues to grow rapidly. The Senior DD Manager will report into the Finance function. The successful candidate will have the skill and experience to be able to take ownership of projects, the role, and their Team; as well as manage key relationships cross-functionally. They will be a self-starter who can be proactive, own and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance; but at the same time, have the aptitude to keep management informed of what is salient. They will be highly experienced in a variety of strategic deal structures that would complement LaunchDarkly’s specific Service offering as well as the pricing structure in place, company guidelines as well as revenue recognition policies. The candidate will be knowledgeable about revenue recognition issues, best practices, and be process and systems oriented, to scale and automate wherever possible. The right candidate may be 100% remote, on U.S. Pacific time.
· Manage/train/develop current Deal Desk Team; timely review of Team’s work for accuracy
· Continue to hire/onboard/train and develop new members to the Team
· Ensure Team is meeting all SLAs and build out a JIRA ticketing system to enhance the service to the Sales Org; continually improve service to internal customers by creating quantifiable metrics that can be measured against
· Build out processes to scale the Quote to Close function with an eye toward the entire Quote to Cash process
· Be able to view the quote to cash process as a single unified process and always be looking for ways and implementing ways to make the process more efficient/streamlined by looking to improve upstream processes
· Work closely with downstream teams and understand the impact of upstream processes, adjusting as necessary
· Implement best practices and processes to quickly and efficiently close deals, with the goal of standardization of deals
· Work with Sales, Customer Success, Renewals, Legal and Revenue Recognition to review contracts to ensure they comply with the Company’s Services offerings, approved Pricing Structure, revenue recognition criteria, and that all invoicing related amounts are correct
· Own and control the non-standard order form process from creation until signature
· Assist Sales directly in non-standard, complex deals; ability to suggest proven or novel strategies that take into account both customer needs and internal Company guidelines
· Own monthly closes and ensure timely close of SF on last day of each month, with proper cutoff and completeness, and reconciliations
· Implement checklists to ensure accuracy of financial fields in SF
· Ensure all policies are documented
· Develop and monitor an array of metrics reporting
· Interact with Sales Enablement to ensure issues are communicated such that AEs are familiar with LD policies, better equipped to close deals, and work effectively with LD’s tools
· Work with the Infrastructure and Delivery Team to streamline quote to cash process wherever possible
· Participate in other cross functional projects which may include but is not limited to moving to a new CPQ, implementing usage-based pricing, automation of purchase of Enterprise services, implementing a CMS, implementing a PSA (e.g. OpenAir), etc.
· 10+ years of progressive experience in Sales Operations/Deal Desk in the software industry
· SaaS experience preferred
· Implemented best practice in month-end close, cut-off and reconciliations
· Sox experience and Public Company experience required
· Experience with Salesforce and an integrated CPQ
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; ability to communicate complex technical concepts to lay people; ability to speak succinctly with leadership; ability to explain in simple terms to reports
· Advanced knowledge working with Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.); experience modeling
· Ability to meet deadlines in fast paced environment
· Can do attitude with willingness to role up one’s sleeves when necessary
· Inclined to always seek the simplest, most logical path
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves hundreds of billions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly. LaunchDarkly is also committed to giving back to our community by donating 1% of annual revenue to local charities and organizations. You can find more about the LaunchDarkly Foundation and the organizations we serve at https://launchdarkly.com/foundation/.