As a Strategic Customer Success Manager, you will work closely with customers to discover their technical challenges and business objectives, while aligning LaunchDarkly to help achieve their corporate goals and outcomes. To accomplish this, you will create strategic Account Plans for each customer, identifying areas to improve the use of LaunchDarkly and uncovering new uses for our product to multiply value in your accounts. As we continue to expand horizontally in these top tier accounts, you will advise prospective new business units on the best way to launch LaunchDarkly within the scope of their overall company.
The LaunchDarkly Customer Success team drives continuous mutual value recognition by partnering closely with our customers. This stems from working closely with the Revenue Account Team (Account Executive, Solutions Engineer, and Solutions Architect) to develop a long term strategic vision that includes developing deep business relationships that lead to adoption and value realization. Part product expert and part business partner, our team is primarily focused on expanding the use of LaunchDarkly within existing accounts.
What you'll do:
- Meet with customers to understand and document their goals and desired objectives
- Create success metrics and develop a strategic success plan to achieve the customer goals and objectives with solutions in our platform.
- Consistently communicate the value of the LaunchDarkly platform to teams and executives through business reviews and other channels
- Develop a cohesive and compelling story around why the client bought, how LaunchDarkly has delivered, and what our partnership looks like
- Identify expansion opportunities in accounts and partner with Account Executives to close expansion deals
- Become a domain expert on how LaunchDarkly fits into the technical landscape for our customers
- Empower customers to be LaunchDarkly product experts, evangelize their successes, and train their teams on our methodologies so they become increasingly self-sufficient
- Track the health of all customers in your portfolio and prioritize activity based on outcomes
- Identify common challenges, proactively suggest improvement to existing processes, and deliver best practices to customers to help deliver maximum value of our products
- Utilize existing customer on-boarding process and work with product marketing to create new on-boarding assets
- Partner with our marketing team to drive customer advocacy activity including references, case studies, meetups, etc
Who you are:
- 4+ years of experience in a customer-facing sales, customer success, professional services or strategic consulting organization in SaaS space
- Exceptional communication, diligent, detail oriented, and punctual.
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer growth, loyalty and adoption
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building durable internal and external relationships
- Consistent track record of highly-professional customer engagement in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through external and internal issues and escalations, approaching problems as opportunities
- Strong presentation skills to large groups and executives alike
- Ability to listen well and take a thoughtful approach to addressing customer
- Willingness to travel up to 50% (upon return to normal operations)
- Comfortable demonstrating product functionality; ability to provide comprehensive overview of key business use cases
- Bachelor’s Degree
You may also know (Bonus Skills):
- Experience applying technical expertise to improve business outcomes
- Process-focused, with strong problem-solving ability
- Thrives in fast-paced environment
- Consistent participation in the SaaS Customer Success community
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 20 Trillion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
LaunchDarkly is also committed to giving back to our community and is a part of Pledge 1%, an organization that helps companies make this a priority. Through this initiative and its charitable arm, the LaunchDarkly Foundation, the company is committed to such causes as supporting education for the underserved, homelessness relief and moving towards having a net-zero carbon footprint. You can find more about the LaunchDarkly Foundation and the organizations we serve at https://launchdarkly.com/foundation/.