About the Job
As a Data Software Engineer, you will help us architect and write fast, reliable, and scalable data processing tools to process data from our thousands of customers and their hundreds of millions of users around the world. We're looking for someone who knows what it takes to deliver value to customers and takes pride in the quality of their work.
Our data platform processes events from over twenty billion feature flag evaluations daily. The core technologies we use daily include Golang, Scala, Kinesis, and Flink. As part of our you-build-it-you-run-it culture, all developers may be responsible for supporting applications in production, including on-call.
What you'll get to do:
- Build and expand our data platform and services
- Help us identify the best technologies for our evolving data needs
- Collaborate with product team to deliver user-facing features
- Monitor and improve data pipeline performance
- Write unit, integration, and load tests as necessary
- Actively participate in code reviews
- Write and review technical proposals
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Proven experience and fluency in a JVM language or Golang
- Experience building data platforms (e.g. using Flink, Kafka, DataFlow, Hadoop, Spark)
- Strong foundation in data pipelines, distributed systems, and large-scale data processing
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- You write code that can be easily understood by others, with an eye towards maintainability
- You hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- You value high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Experience with AWS
- Working knowledge of ETL and a query language
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves hundreds of billions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly