A Product Designer who’s passionate about making the experience of using LD as a developer seamless. This means connecting the whole ecosystem of tools and apps developers use in concert with LaunchDarkly – integrations with other products, API docs, IDE plugins, REST endpoints, terminal commands, and anything else developers use.
At LaunchDarkly, Product Designers are equal partners with Product Managers and Engineers. Together, you'll form a triad that owns the vision, strategy, and roadmap of our developer experience and integrations squads.
- Own the design of LaunchDarkly integrations & developer docs
- Design the flows and connections between all the tools and products developers use with LaunchDarkly
- Do generative and evaluative research with users
- Collaborate with engineering and product management to build your designs
- Collaborate with product management to identify opportunities for improving the overall developer experience
- 3+ years of experience as a product designer, ideally for SaaS developer products
- Strong skills in systems thinking, information architecture, and information hierarchy
- Lifelong learner, always looking to grow and improve at your craft
- Curious about people and the world. You're always asking "why" and seeking deeper understanding of topics
- Able to autonomously juggle multiple, complex projects at once
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbally
- Great presenter
- Experience as a developer or writing code, either professionally or as a hobby
- Experience designing REST APIs, developer docs, or integrations
- Skills in service design
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves hundreds of billions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly.