As a SaaSOps Engineer, you are passionate about learning and automation technologies. You will work closely with your IT engineering peers to identify bottlenecks, improve system efficiency by reducing manual tasks through automation and ensure our core systems are designed to scale as our team grows.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and fast learner who is looking for a supportive environment to continue to grow their technical skills and expertise.
You will be a stakeholder in the discovery, procurement, implementation and management of our growing corporate infrastructure. You have a passion for innovation and creative problem solving, as well as the ability to be adaptable to the constantly changing technology.
LaunchDarkly is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to help teams build better software, faster. You'll join a small team from companies like Atlassian, Intercom, and GitHub, and you'll have an immediate impact with our product and customers.
What you'll do:
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks on SaaS applications within our stack.
- Handle technical escalations, provide timely resolution of problems or engage lead staff for assistance.
- Support SSO implementations using Okta.
- Identify ways to improve efficiency and scale services leveraging tools and automation.
- Build workflows to enable seamless and secure access to applications that support our internal customers.
- Help build, scale, and maintain system monitoring and alerting tools
- Compose scripts in an administrative language (Python, Ruby, or Shell)
- Customize, create, and package software, scripts, and applications for deployment.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to solve business problems.
- Create IT systems’ compliance policies and provide compliance proof for audits.
- Knowledge of SSH, keystores, security certificates, user and password management, Single-Sign-On integration, and authorization tokens.
- Document and update processes and procedures for supporting applications across the org.
- Drive tool adoption and proficiency through training and documentation.
- Support initiatives to continuously improve, integrate, and consolidate systems company-wide
Who you are:
- Experience with SaaS application management including: Okta, GSuite, Slack and AWS
- Project management, system implementation, and system integration experience
- Scripting expertise with GAM, Python, TerraForm, JSON, Perl, Powershell or equivalent tools
- Proficient with API integrations
- JAMF administration, package creation, policy scripting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work creatively in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to balance technical skills with business savvy – ability to transform end-user needs into technical and functional requirements
You may also know: (Bonus Skills)
- Experience with Terraform, Docker, Container Management, and all things AWS
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves hundreds of billions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly