As a Product Manager, you have significant professional experience with experimentation practices to increase our focus on this aspect of our product. We are looking for candidates with first-hand experience building and/or using such a tool in a high-volume production context. We're looking for someone with a passion for bringing the power of intelligent experimentation to the whole industry and the ability to inspire the team and help lead our experimentation focus area. We believe every software team can benefit from using experiments and measurements and we want your help making that vision reality.
LaunchDarkly is on a mission to help every software team deliver and control their software with Feature Management. While LaunchDarkly makes software delivery faster and safer, Feature Management is a foundational software development practice that can empower the whole team. LaunchDarkly has been moving beyond the core deployment practices in Feature Management to help our customers adopt more sophisticated experimentation techniques that emphasize learning.
By controlling exactly how, when and to whom new features are delivered, software teams gain an amazing opportunity to experiment and learn about the work they are doing. They can validate hypotheses for new changes, they can learn and incorporate user feedback quickly, and they can measure the impact of the work they are producing. Experimentation with LaunchDarkly feature management can help software teams do all of this.
- Help guide the product vision for Experimentation inside LaunchDarkly.
- Work with a talented team of engineers and designers to make our customers become more successful experimenters.
- Help your team understand their mission and how they fit in with the overall business goals.
- Prioritize a roadmap that balances feature delivery, operational health, and bug fixing;
- Inspire your team to deliver while keeping them motivated, empowered, growing and happy.
- Provide a great example and evangelize how to use the practice of experimentation and measurement to make great products.
- Champion experimentation internally and externally
On day one, you should have:
- Professional experience with an experimentation platform, internal or external, either building one or expert-level use.
- Fluency with the statistics underpinning experimentation.
- Experience with high-volume data platforms and tools.
- A history of influencing great team cultures.
- A drive to truly understand the needs of your customer, and the ability to translate those into business goals.
- The ability to track and drive metrics, and the wisdom to understand what they can and can't tell you.
- Experience delivering new features from concept to launch.
- Curiosity and passion for improving the lives and work of software developers around the world.
- Skills and knowledge that will establish credibility with your team.
- A passion for sharing that knowledge and helping to raise the bar for everyone you work with.
All LaunchDarkly PMs should have:
- Understanding of modern software development lifecycles including common tools, processes, and bottlenecks.
- Experience building Developer Tools with an API-first approach.
- Working on a highly distributed, high volume services with 24/7 operational needs.
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves trillions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly