Our platform serves over twenty trillion feature flags daily. The core technologies we use daily include Golang, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, CockroachDB, and NATS. As part of our you-build-it-you-run-it culture, all developers may be responsible of support applications in production, including on-call. Off-hours on call is optional and compensated in addition.
What you'll get to do:
- Build and expand our APIs and services, written in Go
- Collaborate with frontend engineers to deliver user-facing features
- Monitor and improve server-side performance
- Write unit, integration, and load tests as necessary
- Actively participate in code reviews
- Write and review technical proposals
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Experience with server-side web development (e.g. in Java / Scala, Ruby, Python, Golang, Node.js)
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with computer science fundamentals such as data structures, distributed systems, concurrency, and threading
- A commitment to working in a communicative and collaborative environment
- You write code that can be easily understood by others, with an eye towards maintainability
- You hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- You value high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, ElasticSearch)
- A deep understanding of networking technologies (TCP, HTTP, websockets, server-sent events, etc.)
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 20 Trillion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly.
LaunchDarkly is also committed to giving back to our community and is a part of Pledge 1%, an organization that helps companies make this a priority. Through this initiative and its charitable arm, the LaunchDarkly Foundation, the company is committed to such causes as supporting education for the underserved, homelessness relief and moving towards having a net-zero carbon footprint. You can find more about the LaunchDarkly Foundation and the organizations we serve at https://launchdarkly.com/foundation/.