Launch is an agency that creates digital products and experiences. But that doesn’t tell the full story of how we apply strategy and creative thinking. We solve complex problems through research, analysis, and firsthand conversations with users. Our multidisciplinary team brings research and strategy together, building user-friendly designs that engage and inspire. Learn more about our team and culture.
The Account Director provides both strategic and tactical leadership across large-scale client engagements while maintaining a pulse on day-to-day activities.
- Develop and foster honest and strong partnerships with clients while supporting internal teams to achieve success.
- Ensure all work product exceeds client expectations while remaining reasonable in scope.
- Actively advocate for client objectives.
- Manage effective communication between internal and client teams.
- Be a problem-solver and a confident team leader.
- Grow your assigned accounts.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of digital experience creation, including UX, content, creative, development, and knowledge of project management processes, workflow and terminology
- Strategic thought leadership
- Pushes for excellence by ensuring strategy and creative integrity is carried through execution
- Excellent comprehension and communication skills. Champions the agency perspective and is persuasive and articulate.
- Poised and energetic presenter; instills confidence with overall presence
- 7+ years project and client management experience with an agency that focuses on digital execution. 1-2 years of management experience focusing on mentorship and team building.
Account Management - 80%
- Act as the liaison between clients and internal teams (UX, Creative, Content, Development, Strategy).
- Actively contribute and participate in the ideation and critique of messaging, user experience, design and development activities, and deliverables.
- Lead and/or assist in organic opportunities within assigned accounts, pitching, scoping efforts, proposals, and SOWs.
- Expand your network of relationships within assigned accounts and build those relationships.
- Proactively identify, craft and present value-add opportunities to clients and position Launch for long-term relationships and growth
- Lead meetings that are purposeful, efficient and productive, with clear takeaways.
Leadership & Mentoring - 15%
- Drive internal process improvements to ensure client needs and expectations are met successfully.
- Manage challenging situations in a diplomatic manner. Stay focused on problem-solving and be effective in resolving conflict.
- Mentor team members on account strategy and client management.
- Demonstrate a passion for the agency, the work, and the client’s business.
- Understand and advocate for the overall brand strategy and vision for each effort.
- Monitor results of team efforts and propose actions for the future to the leadership team.
- Responsible for the overall accuracy and health of account financials including timely billing and monitoring of receivables; works closely with Accounting and ownership.
Resourcing - 5%
- Support company-wide resourcing and forecasting efforts.
Launch is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Reports to Vivian Lowe, Account & PMO Director.
Expected % of time spent traveling: 20%