Launch is an agency that creates digital products and experiences. But that doesn’t tell the full story of how we apply strategy and creative thinking. We solve complex problems through research, analysis, and firsthand conversations with users. Our multidisciplinary team brings research and strategy together, building user-friendly designs that engage and inspire. Learn more about our team and culture.
As a Lead UX Designer at Launch, you’ll work hands-on in teams of Designers, Strategists, and Technologists to create user-centered digital experiences built upon research, strategy, and well-cultivated intuition.
A seasoned design practitioner, you’ll stay abreast of the latest trends in User Experience Design and Research, bringing insights and a fresh perspective in a hands-on role creating experiences that matter - from shaping the big picture to crafting pixel-perfect details.
Candidates must submit an online portfolio demonstrating their process and experience creating artifacts that communicate User Experience Design to clients, designers, and developers.
- 8+ years of experience as a UX practitioner in an agency or consultancy environment
- Proven track record of delivering cross-platform design solutions that blend user and business needs
- Expert understanding of the capabilities and limitations of contemporary development technologies
- Fluent in applying user centered design methodologies on projects across web, mobile, and more, including:
- Seasoned research skills – able to independently extract key insights from customer research, stakeholder interviews, and co-creation workshops
- System-level perspective – able to understand the bigger picture and convert complexity into beautifully simple concepts and artefacts
- Mastery of UX design – including Information Architecture, Wireframing, Prototyping, and Design Systems
- Forward thinking – staying up-to-date and championing innovation in design and technology possibilities
- Delivery focus – embody the passion, grit, and flexibility needed to deliver world-class User Experiences to market
- Intrinsically motivated, self-starter
- Effortless communication and presentation skills
- Natural leadership and collaboration skills
- 1+ years experience coaching or mentorship
- Meticulous attention to detail
Research - 50%
Lead research activities with users, clients, and the wider market landscape to create actionable insights.
- Work directly with the UX Director to define research proposals and plans
- Lead and collaborate with fellow Designers and Strategists during discovery activities, including stakeholder interviews, user research, and competitor analysis
- Craft deliverables that persuasively communicate UX Strategy, including user journeys, archetypes & personas, discovery reports, and information architecture
UX Design - 50%
Translate user insights and strategic recommendations into world-class User Experience Design solutions.
- Collaborate with the UX Director to lead the design of products and services that can be mapped directly to the requirements of the project and clearly communicate the UX strategy
- Hands-on crafting of deliverables that persuasively communicate UX design functionality and the strategy behind them, including site maps, user flows, annotated wireframes, prototypes, and more
- Present designs to clients and advocate for world-class User Experience Design solutions that blend user and business needs
- Collaborate closely with Creative, Development, and Strategy teams
- Mentor junior team members
Launch is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Reports to Steve Boulton, UX Director.