LASTLINE, THE COMPANY:
Lastline, Inc. is a venture backed cybersecurity company that provides innovative AI-powered network security products that detect and defeat advanced threats attempting to enter and operate within a network. We protect network, email, cloud, and web infrastructures, minimizing the risk of damaging and costly data breaches with fewer resources and at lower cost. Headquartered in Redwood City, California with offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia, Lastline’s technology is used by Global 5000 enterprises, is offered directly and through resellers and security service providers, and is integrated into leading third-party security technologies worldwide. www.lastline.com
At Lastline, we are on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Lastline, you will be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of the Lastline team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has an impact on information security for people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We are proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence in an increasingly connected world.
As a part of Lastline's support team, the Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing technical support to customers and partners, on a variety of Lastline product-related issues including product installation, configuration, operation, and testing. The Technical Support Engineer has excellent communication skills and is skillful in identifying, replicating, researching, and resolving both software and hardware problems. This person will work closely with other members of the Technical Support team and development teams to ensure excellent customer service for customers with a focus in Europe, but also serving customers from around the world. There is an occasional on-call requirement for this position to be available after hours and on weekends at times. The schedule for this position is Sunday through Thursday.
You enjoy working in a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic, exciting environment and enjoy bringing calm measured responses to customer situations. You leverage your strong security, networking and problem-solving skills to quickly understand technical issues and you are skillful in active listening so that you can build relationships and proactively engage with both technical and business roles to ensure that customer responses are timely and meaningful. You enjoy solving problems and helping people better understand how things work. You enjoy removing roadblocks for customers and take a coaching/mentoring approach to how you describe what to do.
You have experience and subject matter expertise in network security and network topology. You are known as a clear and excellent communicator who is easy to work with. You are flexible, resilient and enjoy being able to quickly adjust to changing priorities. You have good time management skills and are comfortable to juggle multiple customer interactions. Your written communication skills are strong, and you enjoy documenting information and responding to customer questions.
- Understand the Lastline product and troubleshoot problems reported by customers and partners to identify technical issues. Finds solutions related to software and setup errors for customers. Communicate with customers and partners through a ticketing system (Zendesk). Note: Training will be provided to understand the Lastline, Inc. products during on boarding.
- Communicate with customers and partners through a ticketing system (Zendesk).
- Creates and carries out test scenarios in our support lab to duplicate identified problems.
- Clearly communicates with channel partners and customers to ensure they are kept up to date on the status of issues and errors.
- Creates workaround procedures when standard procedures have failed and remains engaged both internally and with customers to ensure issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to others on the team, or to developers or management as appropriate
- Documents findings and ensures that Lastline's support knowledge base is utilized effectively and is maintained and expanded over time.
- Works directly with the customer to suggest improvements to the environment of the installed products.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working in a Technical Support/Help Desk environment with complex products and end users. Experience communicating and collecting information via email, remote helpdesk software, or phone.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal in English (French, German or Italian is a plus but not required)
- Degree in computer science (BSc, MSc, programming, or a related field) or equivalent work experience.
- Proven understanding of communications protocols (e.g., TCP), the Internet, routers, firewalls and proxy servers.
- Must have Linux file system experience.
- Experience providing top-tier customer service in a professional environment is required.
- Computer security background and knowledge is a major asset.
- Desirable (not mandatory) working knowledge of Python, JSON and RESTful API’s.
Work Schedule: Sunday - Thursday business hours
We offer competitive salary packages and excellent benefits. If you are interested in this opportunity and love offering outstanding service please apply by no later than October 31, 2019.
You will work with some of the world’s leading experts in cyber security. Our team values excellence, continuous innovation, getting stuff done quickly, transparent communication, and a friendly work environment. Our organization and team is geographically distributed, this position will be based out of our London office.