Lastline, Inc. is a venture backed cybersecurity company that provides innovative AI-powered network security products that detect and defeat advanced threats attempting to enter and operate within a network. We protect network, email, cloud, and web infrastructures, minimizing the risk of damaging and costly data breaches with fewer resources and at lower cost. Headquartered in Redwood City, California with offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia, Lastline’s technology is used by Global 5000 enterprises, is offered directly and through resellers and security service providers, and is integrated into leading third-party security technologies worldwide. www.lastline.com
As a Principal Front-End Engineer at Lastline, you will get to work on the front-end architecture and collaboratively drive the technical architecture, design and development of the web-based user interface of Lastline’s products. The UI is a central component of our product and is used by many customers across the globe. As part of the UI team, you will collaborate on developing new features while re-architecting the underlying UI codebase on-the-fly. The UI team partners closely with our backend engineering team, our UX team, our visual design team, and our product team to build and deliver a world class front-end experience.
Your job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Re-architecting the existing UI codebase in order to leverage modern front-end technologies for delivering a cutting edge user experience
- Architecting and implementing new UI components and visualizations; integrating the components into Lastline products
- Creating and managing the technical UI roadmap for our front-end team
- Driving best practices; choosing technology; improving the quality of our code base
- Using technology and processes to improve developer productivity
- Collaboratively work as part of a geographically distributed R&D team
- Participating in code reviews, mentoring junior team members.
- Troubleshooting and fixing issues
- Reducing technical debt
The successful candidate will have curiosity and passion for the products and the technology in addition to the following:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Extensive hands-on experience with frameworks such as Angular, React, AngularJS
- Comfortable using version control systems such as Git
- Comfortable working in Linux
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Experience implementing data visualizations, using tools such as D3.js
- Experience defining and enforcing code standards through documentation and static analysis
- Experience with unit, mock and integration testing
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Passion for collaboration and mentorship
- Passion for writing high-quality software
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
The following skills and experience are not required, but will strengthen a candidate’s application:
- Experience in Cyber Security.
- Experience architecting and implementing micro frontends
- Experience with Node
- Experience with GraphQL
- Ability to make accurate estimations
- Track record of on-time delivery
- Mentor or supervisory experience
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated individual who is a great team player, a self-starter and is self-motivated in their work and career. If this sounds like a match for you and what you are looking for, please apply. We’d love to hear from you!
You will work with some of the world’s leading experts in cyber security. Our team values excellence, continuous innovation, getting stuff done quickly, transparent communication, and a friendly work environment. Our organization and team is geographically distributed, this position can be based out of our Santa Barbara, Boston, or Redwood City office. Final location will be based on candidates preference.