The Los Angeles Stadium and Entertainment District at Hollywood Park (LASED) will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. LASED will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
The Los Angeles Stadium and Entertainment District is seeking a Manager of Communications that will develop and execute traditional and social media strategy to support the objectives of LASED. The individual will be counted on to establish, grow and nurture productive relationships with local, national and international media; tell LASED stories through traditional and social media platforms; orchestrate media events; fulfill media requests; and support all facets of executive communications in support of LASED’s leadership. can develop key messaging, pitch story ideas to media, and develop key strategic communications plans designed to tell the LASED story. Additionally, the chosen candidate will be responsible for drafting talking points for various organizational topics, and drafting communication plans for key stakeholders.
The Manager of Communications should be a natural problem solver who is humble, creative, adaptable and team oriented. They will collaborate with an extensive group of internal and external stakeholders including facility operations, Los Angeles Rams, Los Angeles Chargers, Legends sales and other stakeholders. Ideally, the chosen candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced start-up culture as well as a large organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write and coordinate internal and external communications
- Build and maintain robust as well as targeted press lists
- Coordinate and service all content materials for media purposes to include video, photos, written materials, etc.
- Proactive media outreach and story placement locally, nationally and internationally
- Management of incoming media requests
- Coordinate media opportunities and events on-site
- Vet media and speaking opportunities, develop briefing documents, and serve as the liaison with event organizers
- Develop and coordinate an internal communications strategy
- Develop strategies and concepts that use both traditional and social media to promote the project
- Partner with leadership to develop key messages and talking points
- Prepare staff for media interviews
- Develop and execute promotional activities for events, in tandem with the Sales and Marketing teams
- Assist all facets of the organization in developing consistent messaging
Education and/or Experience
- Four (4) or more years of experience working in public relations or communications
- Experience working in an agency setting and/or with a consumer-facing brand preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Exacting attention to detail
- Demonstrated success in proactive media outreach (story development and placement), social media execution and production of quality media materials
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-disciplinary teams
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) is strongly preferred
- Ability to work nights, weekends and potentially holidays
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LASED strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.