Lark is the world's largest A.I. healthcare provider, servicing more than a million patients suffering from, or at risk of, chronic disease with A.I. Nurses. We’re on a mission to improve people’s health and happiness through our digital health coach. We are the only A.I. nurse ever to become fully medically reimbursed to 100% replace a live nurse because we achieved equivalent health outcomes to live healthcare professionals - which allows for infinitely scalable healthcare. Since launch, Lark has continued to receive awards and accolades for both our product, and our leadership, including:
- Apple's Top 10 Apps in the World
- Business Insider's most innovative companies in the world along with Uber and Snapchat
- A CEO who was recognized as the #1 in Top 10 Women in Tech to Watch by Inc.
- CDC recognition of our Diabetes Prevention Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of developers to build a world-class microservices architecture to help the Lark product scale
- Coordinate the team’s efforts in core development using the agile methodology
- Work closely with leadership to plan and manage a sustainable release cycle
- Manage a team responsible for the core backend services for Lark, which include our conversation engine, accounts management, SSO, ...
- Coordinate with Data and Business teams as needed
- Recruit, mentor and grow team members
- Build a culture of engineering best practices
Knowledge and Skills
What You’ll Need:
- Spring Boot/Hibernate nice-to-have
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Kubernetes a very big plus
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL technologies, when to use what
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development a big plus
- Knowledge of SSO practices and OAuth workflows a plus
- Comfortable moving quickly and learning new technologies to use daily
- Religious about writing maintainable and performant code
- Passionate about Lark's mission in the health/wellness space
Credentials and Experience
- Experience leading a team of Engineers through various stages of product development, with a prior focus on scaling consumer-facing applications.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience leading a team
- Experience scaling backend services to millions of users.
JOIN US Our team works with cutting edge tools and technology related to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. We are using NLP to process millions of meals, and accelerometer data to compute activity and sleep amounts from users' phones. Our chat AI is the most sophisticated digital health engagement tool in the world. Join us and make it even better!
Lark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lark does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.