Lark is the world's largest A.I. healthcare provider, servicing more than a million patients suffering from, or at risk of, chronic disease with A.I. Nurses. We’re on a mission to improve people’s health and happiness through our digital health coach. We are the only A.I. nurse ever to become fully medically reimbursed to 100% replace a live nurse because we achieved equivalent health outcomes to live healthcare professionals - which allows for infinitely scalable healthcare. Since launch, Lark has continued to receive awards and accolades for both our product, and our leadership, including:
- Apple's Top 10 Apps in the World
- Business Insider's most innovative companies in the world along with Uber and Snapchat
- A CEO who was recognized as the #1 in Top 10 Women in Tech to Watch by Inc.
- CDC recognition of our Diabetes Prevention Program.
ABOUT THE ROLE
What You'll Do:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Member of a small, agile team fairly early in its data-engineering journey and have a tremendous opportunity to make a big impact.
- Design and build data infrastructure with efficiency, reliability and consistency to meet rapidly growing data needs .
- Design data pipelines and data integrations to collect, clean and store large datasets (streaming and batch).
- Maintain the privacy of our users and partners by helping ensure best practices in security and data handling continue as we grow.
- Help establish and maintain a high-level of operational excellence in data engineering
- Collaborate with teams across the company to help develop data products that drive company success.
- Evaluate, integrate and build tools to accelerate Data Engineering, Data Science, Business Intelligence, Reporting and Analytics as needed
- Drive data literacy across business functions
What You’ll Need:
Knowledge & Skills
- A love of data and the make-or-break effect it has on startups.
- A desire to help people use data effectively.
- Knowledge of multiple database technologies, their tradeoffs, and how to make the best use of each.
- Willingness to learn and mentor in a collaborative team environment.
- Humility with an intrinsic positive drive
- Passion for developing a world-class engineering culture
- Value, respect, and an enthusiasm for diversity, inclusion, and alternative perspectives
- Goal to create an environment of psychological safety.
- Willingness to ask questions and the ability to break down a problem to its smallest parts
- Effective communication (oral and written!) across a range of audiences
- Ability to thrive in an environment promoting and enabling collaboration
Credentials & Experience:
- 4+ years data engineering or equivalent knowledge and ability.
- 7+ years software engineering or equivalent knowledge and ability
- Designing and maintaining at least one type of database (object, columnar, in-memory, relational) experience
- Relational, object, tabular, key-value, triple-store, tuple-store, and related database types experience
- Data warehouse modernization, building data-marts, star/snowflake schema designs, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT pipelines, and BI/reporting/analytic tools experience
- Building production-grade data backup/restore strategies, and disaster recovery solutions experience
- Extensive hands-on experience with batch and stream data processing (e.g., DMS, Flink, Spark, Kinesis, Kafka)
- Advanced SQL skills, and strong proficiency in at least two of the following programming languages: Python, Scala, and Java.
- Familiarity with pandas, SciPy, scikit-learn, seaborn, SparkML
- Demonstrated expertise and fluency in Object Oriented and/or Functional programming including a solid grasp of common design patterns, idioms, and design.
- Demonstrated expertise with data structures, algorithms, distributed computing, storage systems, and assorted consistency models.
- Machine Learning production at scale.
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience, knowledge, and ability.
Bonus points for familiarity with the following key technologies:
- Spark (or Storm/Flink/MapReduce/Impala/Hive)
- SparkML (or scikit-learn/TensorFlow/etc.)
- GraphX (or TitanDB/neo4j/range++/graph engine/orientdb/etc.)
- Delta Lake
- Airflow (or luigi/oozie/azkaban/pinball/chronos/etc)
- AWS (including EMR, DMS, Athena, RDS, Aurora, Lambda, Redshift, etc.)
- Hadoop Ecosystem (MapReduce/Yarn/HDFS/Pig/Hive/etc.)
- At least one of Periscope[Sisense]/Tableau/Domo/Looker/Superset/etc.
Our team works with cutting edge tools and technology related to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. We are using NLP to process millions of meals, and accelerometer data to compute activity and sleep amounts from users' phones. Our chat A.I. is the most sophisticated digital health engagement tool in the world. Join us and make it even better!
Lark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lark does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.