The CBT Coach is responsible for supporting a caseload of Lantern users by providing a personally relevant experience, facilitating engagement, and promoting the learning, practice, and application of cognitive-behavioral techniques. This work is primarily conducted in message form through our online portal, with periodic phone contact to build rapport and develop goals is also a regular responsibility. The position requires high-volume contact with a large caseload of users. Current program tracks focus on anxiety, body image and disordered eating, and depression. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position based out of our San Francisco office.
Guide and support Lantern users as they move through our app-based CBT program, assisting them to get the most out of the content by providing motivation, encouragement, accountability, and constructive feedback. The CBT Coach’s goal is to help empower users to manage symptoms of anxiety, depression, and disordered eating so that they are able to achieve their goals for the program as the goals relate to their personal lives. This includes:
- Becoming an expert in our product, programs, and coaching model
- Facilitating program engagement through periodic phone calls
- Maintaining a dialogue with users via our online messaging system
- Offering personalized, meaningful feedback in writing to users about their questions and experiences in the Lantern program
- Participating in Coaching team meetings, professional development training, and consultation groups, with the opportunity to provide peer training
- Identifying and responding appropriately to users whose mental health needs exceed Lantern’s offerings according to our risk management protocol
- Relaying constructive, actionable feedback about the user- and coach-facing products to Coaching and cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s level degree, or higher, from an accredited undergraduate institution
- Desire to remove stigma around mental health concerns and barriers to accessing care by supporting a novel mental health intervention
- Openness and interest in learning about theories of behavior change, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and SMART goal setting frameworks.High technology fluency and comfort learning new applications
- Be adaptable and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with a diverse group of users across age (18+), gender, socioeconomic, geographic, and cultural demographics
- Be a team player
- Familiarity with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy principles and techniques
- Experience providing direct services to patients/clients.
- Interest in high volume contact with users who experience mental health concerns.
- Experience working with any of the following populations or settings: Chronic illness, eating disorder populations, burnout, depression, primary care/medical settings, digital health interventions.
- Experience in a startup environment
Lantern is committed to building a diverse workforce. People of all genders, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, ages, abilities, and sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.
Please attach your resume and cover letter in PDF form.
Since Lantern’s founding in 2012, our team of researchers, technologists, coaches, and clinicians have been at the cutting edge of translating clinical research and expertise into simple, effective online programs based on cognitive behavioral therapy.
Lantern’s CBT Coaching team is comprised of a rich diversity of interdisciplinary backgrounds and people who are experts in behavior change. We strive to create a collaborative team environment where all voices and viewpoints are heard so that we can learn from each other and provide the best experience to our users. We are looking for people to join our team who are committed to learning, growing, sharing ideas and developing themselves personally/professionally.
We envision a world in which people think differently about their mental health–where they feel empowered to take a simple step toward self-improvement. We believe that mental health is for everyone, and that people deserve support that is accessible, affordable, and effective.
We’re on a mission to make this happen, and we’re looking for passionate, smart, and dedicated people to join our team. We hope that’s you.