Product Content Writer
Role Summary: Lantern is looking for a skilled, versatile writer with a passion for mental health.
Who We're Looking For:
You’re a writer with proven experience and a strong drive to use your talent for good. You’re a polymath of the pen, versatile enough to write everything from button copy to guided meditations. You know how to tweak your tone for different audiences and you take immense pleasure in striking just the right note. You know how to take something complicated and make it simple. Better yet, you know how to take something uninviting and make it enticing.
You’re more than just a writer. You’re a researcher at heart, hungry to understand what our users need to know and undaunted by the hunt for those answers. In particular, you’ve got a strong interest in understanding and in helping others understand right along with you.
Sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
Your Role at Lantern:
Interactive content is the heart of Lantern’s product and our writers are a vital and valued part of the Product Team. Responsible for writing and producing all the media available through Lantern’s app, writers create UI copy, interactive tools and techniques, audio guides, and video scripts. Many projects involve translating psychology research and therapy concepts into understandable, eye-opening stories that keep our users engaged with their own emotional well-being.
Writing at Lantern is a highly collaborative process. Writers work closely with our Clinical Innovation Team (experts in mental health) and User Experience Designers (who make sure delightful interactions accompany all Lantern media) on nearly every project.
But writers must also be able to thrive on their own. Once briefed on a project, writers are expected to take initiative–interviewing clinical specialists, reading clinical manuals, deciphering academic studies, conducting user research, finding the right angle to tell the story, and pitching ideas for written, audio, and video media.
- Successfully execute on projects of all sizes, with support from manager for larger or less defined projects.
- Demonstrate understanding of stakeholder needs, communicate with them regularly, and initiate effective collaboration with coworkers.
- Demonstrate nuanced understanding of user-centered design.
- Consider users when creating all content by performing independent research and applying user research findings.
- Participate in, and sometimes lead, brainstorming and sketching sessions.
- Ability to adapt writing style to Lantern's voice and tone, as well as train and explain Lantern's Voice and Tone Guidelines to others.
- Effectively and respectfully give and receive feedback.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Highly effective and creative communication and critical thinking skills.
- 2-5 years writing web or mobile content, preferably for interactive user experiences (UX writing and video/audio script writing experience a plus).
- Comfort and demonstrated experience working across mediums.
- Experience working with content management systems.
- Bonus points for experience using Sketch and working closely with a Design team.
- Bonus if you have demonstrated experience writing in the health, wellness, psychology, or science space.
- Work sample that demonstrates consumer writing for a brand, online media, app, radio, or video.*
*We won't consider applications without work samples.
What We Can Offer You:
As a vital member of our team, you will face inspiring challenges and make a lasting impact on products that make mental health support accessible to all. Led by proven founders and driven by a vision and mission, you will have a key position in a company poised to solve significant problems and establish itself as a standard of care at the intersection of mental health and technology.
With a $17M Series A led by healthcare giant UPMC, we are ready to grow and expand our reach so that we can meet our mission to provide affordable and accessible services that empower people to live their healthiest and happiest lives.
Oh, and we offer all the usual (and not-so-usual) stuff:
- Competitive salaries
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Untracked vacation
- Casual work environment
- Dog friendly office
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Annual professional development stipend
- Stocked pantry with coffee, tea, fruit, healthy snacks, etc.