Lantern is looking for a mobile focused software engineer to help define, build, and deliver on our shared vision for effective behavioral health treatment. You’ll work with a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, writers, and psychologists to make digital mental health services more accessible, engaging, and effective for the people who need them.
Who we're looking for:
You love building things. You’re a proactive problem solver - you know how to dive into a problem, break it down, and propose thoughtful solutions. You turn ideas into plans and work well with teams to bring them to reality. You’re as comfortable at 10,000 feet as you are down in the weeds. You’re results oriented, data driven, and accountable, but you also have a knack for creative approaches and solutions. You have loads of empathy and strive to understand users’ needs because you know that in the end, it’s all about people. You view software as a craft and believe that well written code saves you time in the long run.
You’re ready to delve into the changing world of mental health, with a drive to positively impact people’s day-to-day lives. You want to join a nimble, growing team on a mission to change the way people think about mental health and the way effective mental health services are delivered.
Your role at Lantern:
You will be a part of our engineering team and work closely with the whole product team to improve key product offerings, including our core user experience. As a core team member you will share responsibility for architecting the technology and processes necessary to support rapid product iteration on a high quality product.
- Build new and innovative product features using React Native and a flux based architecture
- Maintain high quality coding standards including unit testing best practices.
- Take ownership of projects including interactions with designers, fellow engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders
- Collaborate in make architectural decisions for new and existing product features.
Qualifications and experience:
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience and/or interest in using React Native in a professional setting.
- Experience working with large code bases, including software design techniques to help keep them clean and maintainable.
- Experience collaborating with product and design to set provide scoping and feedback on designs.
- Passion for being part of a mission driven organization.
- Permanent resident or US citizen.
Nice to have qualifications:
- Experience with native iOS or Android applications in Swift, Objective-C, or Java
- Experience working on server side applications
- Experience with functional programming design patterns & best practices.
- Experience using TDD
- Experience with pair programming.
What We Can Offer You:
As a vital member of our small but growing team, you will make a lasting impact on products that make therapy accessible to all. Led by proven founders and driven by an inspiring vision and mission, you will have a key position in a company poised to solve significant problems and establish itself as a major force at the intersection of mental health and technology. You will be part of a team with varied backgrounds and experience where everyone has something they can teach you.
With a $17M Series A led by healthcare giant UPMC, we are ready to grow and expand our reach so that we can meet our mission to provide affordable and accessible services that empower people to live their healthiest and happiest lives.
Oh yeah, and we also offer all the usual stuff too:
- Competitive salaries
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Untracked vacation (People actually use it!)
- Casual work environment
- Dog friendly office
- Stocked pantry with coffee, tea, fruit, healthy snacks, etc.