We are hiring our next Senior Designer to support our team. Could this be you?
As a company with studios across the globe, we power up the best minds from 31 teams in over 22 countries to create a unique skillset for each client. We spark ingenuity with global creative sprints that cross time zones and borders and spur on the best of our talent. That includes exceptional brand consulting and strategic design, brilliance in experience, retail and workplace design, and competition-smashing motion design. We are part of the WPP group.
Landor & Fitch Japan is looking for a talented Senior Designer to join our multi-skilled and multicultural studio. The ideal candidate will be as excited as we are about how design will help shape the future, and will be an integral member of our branding team, helping us create outstanding, strategically driven creative work for our clients.
What we’re looking for
For Landor & Fitch Japan, a Senior Designer is:
- A brilliant creative thinker with the ability to design outside the box
- Has an excellent command of craft and strong attention to detail
- Comfortable engaging with the strategic dimension of our work
- Able to make smart connections between what’s going on in the world and what we do for our clients
- Articulate, confident and assertive in presenting work
- Highly collaborative with the ability to build strong relationships within design and across the business
- Help push our design forward with brilliant creative ideas, amazing design and craft skills and smart strategic thinking
- Work collaboratively with other branding team members as well as with the larger multidisciplinary Landor & Fitch team to drive our design capabilities and thinking
- Help develop and present breakthrough ideas at all levels, from day-to-day work, to creative review meetings, and client presentations
- Make confident design decisions, and be supportive in helping others develop their ideas
- Bring a strong creative point of view and insatiable curiosity to Landor & Fitch Japan
What skills are necessary?
- Qualifications - Degree (or equivalent) in Graphic Design, or related field
- 5+ years of experience of working in design environments
- 3+ years of experience of management experience and completing creative deliverables
- Must be fluent in Japanese writing and speaking
- Strong technical skills with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- A proven track record of creative idea generation and development
- An ability to think strategically with knowledge of marketing principles and how they impact design
- Strong presentation, organizational and time management skills
- A keen ability to work with and motivate others on the team
- Confident, results-oriented, hands-on, and self-motivated
Our commitment to diversity & inclusion
We believe diversity brings creativity, which is at the heart of everything we do. We are actively engaging in creating an environment free of discrimination, where our people and their uniqueness can shine and be celebrated. We’re working to set a standard for the industry as a whole, creating a culture of equity and belonging. We may not be perfect, and we know there is work to do, but we regularly check with our teams and Employee Resource Groups on how we are doing, using their insight to frame our thinking and actions, so we can all do better, working as one Landor & Fitch.