Landor & Fitch is hiring Designer - 3D to join the Landor&Fitch Mumbai studio. Could this be you?
As a company with studios across the globe, we power up the best minds from 31 teams in over 22 countries to create a unique skillset for each client. We spark ingenuity with global creative sprints that cross time zones and borders and spur on the best of our talent. That includes exceptional brand consulting and strategic design, brilliance in experience, retail and workplace design, and competition-smashing motion design. We are part of the WPP group.
The role of the Designer is to explore and conceptualise design options and solutions that maintain L&F’s vision and creative beliefs– ‘great ideas expertly and beautifully crafted and delivered with rigor and flair’. The Designer will work either independently or in conjunction with Design Directors or Senior Designers, evaluate design options, develop and push to find ‘big ideas’ based on design strategy, the creative brief and L&F’s brand promise “Creative Intelligence” (CI).
- Understanding /awareness of the local as well as international aesthetic and culture when creating local and global brands, e.g. architecture, interior aesthetic relevance, material nuances etc for different regions.
- Coordinates projects with outside resources to facilitate production of deliverables.
- Ensures all correspondence, materials, presentations, proposals, etc., seen by prospective and existing clients are error-free, of highest quality and always relevant to the client’s issues.
- Partners effectively with all departments to ensure delivery of on-time, high-quality deliverables that address all relevant prospective clients’ requirements.
- Communicates findings and recommendations in a clear and compelling manner in written, oral and presentation forms.
- Provides back-up and archiving.
- Sharing and importing best practices and resources with peers within broader L&F network.
- Interacts in a positive, professional and motivating manner.
- Explores and conceptualises solutions in conjunction with SD/DD including drawing, sketching, research etc.
- Explores and conceptualises design alternatives from initial route within a specified time frame to final design direction.
- With input from SDs and DDs, further explores specific design concepts, begins refinement of concepts for final output considering real world constraints for construction.
- Learns to develop a point of view on the work of others.
- Participates in meetings and critiques; explains and substantiates existing or potential design direction.
- Proficiency in creative softwares – SketchUp, V-ray, Twinmotion etc.
- Understanding and knowledge of materials and methods of interior construction.
- Keeps abreast of current design trends.
- Assists in award entries.
- May lead project for a client engagement of appropriate size and scope or on the specialised needs of a client project across areas of expertise.
- Vray for SketchUp
- Twinmotion (not essential but good to have)
Strategic Brand and Design Sense
- Develops an understanding of brand strategy.
- Able to support the wider team to develop competitive and breakthrough design strategies and plans.
- Has developed a sense of design.
- Plans and conducts design research
- Adheres to hours assigned to established budgets and schedules.
- Works efficiently and effectively.
- Alerts manager and studio manager when tasks are complete or awaiting approval.
People and Team
- Seeks out opportunities for personal creative growth by working outside area of specialisation.
- Acts as a role model for L&F’s values of Creative Intelligence and 5 core values.
- Becomes a valued team player across all disciplines within a team.
- Helps with project planning and organisation.
- Delegates tasks in organised manner.
- Monitors timeline and deadlines.
- Efficiently backs up in an organised manner on the server.
Competencies for Success
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both internally and externally
- Good presentation skills and written communication skills
- Team player
- Creative flair
- Problem solver
- Can do attitude
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Excellent eye for detail
- Willingness to learn and grow
What skills are necessary?
- Degree or Diploma in Interior Design, Industrial Design, Branded Architecture, Retail and Experience Design or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ design experience in a design agency
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We believe diversity brings creativity, which is at the heart of everything we do. We are actively engaging in creating an environment free of discrimination, where our people and their uniqueness can shine and be celebrated. We’re working to set a standard for the industry as a whole, creating a culture of equity and belonging. We may not be perfect, and we know there is work to do, but we regularly check with our teams and Employee Resource Groups on how we are doing, using their insight to frame our thinking and actions, so we can all do better, working as one Landor & Fitch.