Client Manager, Sydney
We are currently seeking a Client Manager to be based out our Sydney office. Could this be you?
As a company with studios across the globe, we power up the best minds from 31 teams in over 22 countries to create a unique skillset for each client. We spark ingenuity with global creative sprints that cross time zones and borders and spur on the best of our talent. That includes exceptional brand consulting and strategic design, brilliance in experience, retail and workplace design, and competition-smashing motion design. We are part of the WPP group.
The Client Manager (CM) is responsible for achieving and maintaining client satisfaction by ensuring that projects are delivered on scope, on time, and on budget. The CM is accountable for flawless project management. A CM may be solely responsible for small accounts or brands that are part of a larger portfolio for which a Client Director is accountable. The CM may also seek ways to grow existing business and add value to other new business pursuits. The CM may manage an intern or guide/mentor a Client Associate and be teaching/training those team members about best-in-class project management.
What we're looking for
- Central point of communication on one or more brands, and is accountable for the accurate and timely flow of information between the client and the internal team. Ensures that all milestones are met. And/or partners with Client Directors as key partner for relationships owned by Client Director.
- Is accountable for delivering agreed-upon revenue and growth targets.
- Embraces business development and is building skills to identify business opportunities on existing clients.
- Collaborates with the wider team - designers, strategists, production/implementation, etc. - to agree on appropriate resources and ensure high quality deliverables are delivered on time and on budget.
- Acts as central point of contact/account lead for one or more brands.
- Participates in work sessions to grow abilities to connect the dots between client’s business challenges and Landor’s capabilities. May take notes and produce meeting minutes and follow-up action items, and then tracks and ensure actions are completed as agreed thereafter.
- Develops a deep understanding of the client’s organisation and business needs.
- Builds confidence with the client that strategic solutions, project details, process steps, billings and deliverables are well organized, communicated and managed.
- Is comfortable interacting with clients at a senior level.
- Resolves work quality issues through interactions with wider team members as appropriate.
- Proactively identifies for managers any challenges with regards to project pricing, project budgets, and scope creep, and helps identify solutions.
- Continually growing in knowledge of and ability to identify opportunities for strategic partnership and deliverables.
- Participates in brand discussions, client workshops, brainstorms and development of strategic deliverables. May take notes and produce minutes, and be accountable for tracking and ensuring actions completion.
- Can align and articulate the link between creative work and strategic foundations and insights.
- Able to support the wider client services and strategy teams to develop and write competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Demonstrates a hunger for and supports the focus on New Business opportunities.
- Understands and demonstrates a commitment to carving out time for new business opportunities outside of owned brand relationships.
- Understands how Landor tools (e.g. Opportunity Maps, Experience Maps) can open doors to new opportunities and is beginning to identify those opportunities and raise them to managers.
- Cultivates advanced negotiation and persuasion skills within the Client Services wider team.
- May be asked to research prospective clients; background, industry trends, organizational structure, business objectives, competitors, in order to build competitive intelligence.
- Is learning and demonstrates commitment to best-in-class project and financial management for all projects, engagements and growth opportunities.
- Is growing project management and budget management skills and uses those skills to ensure projects stay on brief, on budget, and on time.
- Partners with internal team members to ensure schedules and budgets are met. Proactively and quickly escalates challenges or hurdles to ensure that success.
- Partners with Finance for budget management on all projects, including opening project numbers, scoping accurately, managing project fees, managing time card completion, and answering invoicing questions.
- Pays close attention to and is responsible for realization and utilization for his/her team and projects.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to targets, budget allocations, and profitability. Meets individual revenue targets.
- Summer Fridays: Make the most of summer by choosing 5 Fridays to finish at 12:30pm
- Birthday Leave: Enjoy one day off either on your birthday or within the week of it.
- Charity Leave: One day off per year to volunteer or support a charity.
- Additional Leave: Get a bonus day of leave for each year that you work (capped at 5 years, no pay out).
- Study Leave: Four days of study leave per year
- Purchased Leave: Take up to four weeks of extra leave which will be deducted from your pay over the course of a 12 month period.
- The Academy: Bespoke training school to develop professional skills and capabilities.
- EAP: Free confidential counselling services for employees and their families for struggles with work or non-work related issues.
- Parental Leave: Up to 16 weeks salary plus superannuation during unpaid leave within the first year.
- Flexible Working: No mandated office days, staggered start and finish times.
- Remote Working: Spend up to four weeks working remotely from another WPP office across the globe.
- perkSPACE: Discounts and cashbacks for many beloved brands, free online fitness classes and health and wellbeing resources.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We believe diversity brings creativity, which is at the heart of everything we do. We are actively engaging in creating an environment free of discrimination, where our people and their uniqueness can shine and be celebrated. We’re working to set a standard for the industry as a whole, creating a culture of equity and belonging. We may not be perfect, and we know there is work to do, but we regularly check with our teams and Employee Resource Groups on how we are doing, using their insight to frame our thinking and actions, so we can all do better, working as one Landor & Fitch.