WPP Brand Consulting is the branding and identity division of WPP. It comprises the 3 operating brands Landor & FITCH, Superunion and PeclersParis. The group has around 1,500 people and operates in approximately 20 countries throughout Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and Africa with revenues of $0.3bn.
The worldwide finance team is responsible for the review and subsequent WPP reporting of operating offices across the globe as well as direct operation of the associated overhead units.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst who will support the Worldwide Financial Controller across a broad range of finance tasks as well as ad-hoc requests in HR, New Business and other departments. The individual will join a finance team of 5. The role will report into the Worldwide Financial Controller.
The role will have responsibility for the oversight and support of several markets around the world. The successful individual will take full responsibility for the review and verification of all financial reporting and controls within each market as well as offering them support and guidance on a variety of matters, both from a locally perspective and from the global WPP view.
The role would be ideal for an individual who has recently qualified via ACA, CA, CIMA or ACCA.
- Liaise with WPP and offices to ensure that all issues and questions are dealt with on a timely and satisfactory basis
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with designated offices the network
- Review and interrogate monthly results, quarterly forecasts and client profitability and annual budgets from offices as well as a number of ad-hoc items that arise through the year
- Maintain key templates and spreadsheets, regularly updating them for changes in processes and guidance and support offices to use them via training
- Oversee the overhead legal entity, including approval of key processes such as payroll and VAT and manage the statutory audit process each year
- Report group wins and opportunities data and analyse these against forecasted performance by office
- Maintain technical knowledge of accounting standards and assist offices with the application of current standards as well as the implementation of new standards through both written and verbal communications
- Ensure that best practice is observed with all internal reporting formats and methods and be prepared to challenge historical processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Drive compliance on SOX and control environment throughout the organisation
- Support junior members of the team with technical knowledge and experience
- An extremely varied role of which approximately 50% of the workload is predictable and 50% represents new and unforeseen challenges
- Experience will bring with it exposure to larger and more risky markets which represent opportunity for other learning moments
- An insight into the wide world of finance within WPP
What we are looking for
- Qualified accountant
- Previous exposure to PLC reporting requirements preferable
- Previous exposure to time of staff businesses preferable
- Strong Excel skills essential, including at least an awareness of macros
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems, knowing when to escalate issues to senior team members
- Self-motivated team player with a helpful and responsive demeanour even during peaks in activity
- Good organisational and time management skills, capable of working in an unstructured environment with frequent multiple priorities
- Ability to quickly switch from a commercial mindset to that of statutory reporting and to always identify relevant issues from both perspectives
- Ability to communicate clearly, both in written form and face-to-face. This will include communication with individuals from all departments and at all seniorities, both internal and external
Due to the volume of applications, we unfortunately can only respond to successful candidates.
We will not accept unsolicited CVs or approaches via recruitment agencies