- Responsible for the overall performance, profitability, growth and reputation of the New York studio
- Support Landor & Fitch in being a creative, vibrant and ideas led agency responsive to the dynamism of the brand communications landscape - a place where top industry talent want to work
- Lead an inclusive and dynamic culture through I&D initiatives, recruiting diverse talent, developing employees to reach their full potential.
- Promote Landor & Fitch as the perfect partner for North American and Global business
- Generate year-on-year revenue growth supported by visionary business plans
Overview of Role:
To combine both the strategic and operational leadership of Landor & Fitch New York, sourcing and developing talent to create a deeper and broader range of core competences to fuel client growth.
Work in partnership with the other Studio GM’s and Practice leaders to drive our Regional strategy.
New business generation, within the Americas is integral. Experience in developing and managing a new business strategy, and a commitment to drive new business is essential.
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the agency business. This is a complex and multi-faceted role with a high degree of involvement across agency clients and functions. The performance of the agency is measured through financial performance, employee and client satisfaction, new business development, industry reputation and knowledge creation / management.
- P&L responsibility
- Developing and delivering the annual business plan
- Working with the relevant parties to deliver the financial targets of each business unit across all clients
- Together with the Americas CFO, managing the ongoing financial performance of Landor & Fitch in line with WPP standard financial ratios, practices and guidelines
- Developing the new business pipeline, pitching and winning new business and successfully farming existing accounts
- With the Regional Executive Director of Biz Dev, finding new ways to attract new business and farm existing clients
- Develop relationships with WPP Op Co partners in NY and region to mine for partnership opportunities
- Increase Landor & Fitch reputation within the region by driving a strong marketing and PR strategy
- Developing strong and vital relationships with Client Directors to provide value added support in the development of client solutions
- Improving the client leadership benchmarks through client satisfaction scores in annual surveys, as well as qualitative feedback sought from key clients.
- A trusted advisor to key senior clients, successfully building value added relationships between Landor & Fitch and key clients
- Creating and nurturing a creative operating environment
- Ensuring high levels of profile opportunities to assist in client acquisition and retention and talent attraction
- Alongside the key Global leaders, become a high profile thought leader on our offerings
- Working very closely with the GMs and leadership teams of the other studios to ensure that we have a fully rounded offer from brand strategy through experience design
- Working very closely with the Americas Regional President
- Work in partnership with practice leaders (Design, Strategy, I&A, Culture Transformation, Verbal Identity) to drive business
- Be an energetic part of the Global Management Board (GMB) to help shape Landor & Fitch strategy across the network
Employee Learning, Development and Retention:
- Empowering the Senior Leadership Team to take joint responsibility for the leadership of the studio’s vision and values
- Developing protocols for talent development as a framework to drive better hiring, career development planning and lower staff churn rates
- Building an inclusive environment where all can succeed
- Advocating the development and appropriate training of all to help reach their full potential
Professional & Technical Experience:
- Considerable experience in a related environment(s)
- Bachelors / Masters Degree desirable
- Demonstrable leadership experience with a proven track record
- Strong strategic thinking and vision
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to interpret statistical data
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to work with multiple levels of management
And what about Landor & Fitch?
Our ambition is to deliver extraordinary brand transformation for our clients, by design.
With Landor’s brand consulting and strategic design capability, FITCH’s experience design and retail consultancy, and ManvsMachine’s leading edge motion design, we are the largest specialist brand and design group in the world. We are a team of over 1100+ curious minds, with 43 offices across 19 countries, working as one, to create extraordinary brand experiences.
The Landor & Fitch Group is part of WPP, a creative transformation company.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
We believe diversity brings creativity, which is at the heart of everything we do. We are actively engaging in creating an environment free of discrimination, where our people and their uniqueness can shine and be celebrated. We’re working to set a standard for the industry as a whole, creating a culture of equity and belonging. We may not be perfect, and we know there is work to do, but we regularly check with our teams and Employee Resource Groups on how we are doing, using their insight to frame our thinking and actions, so we can all do better, working as one Landor & Fitch.