SENIOR GROWTH MANAGER LANDOR HAMBURG (Parental Leave Replacement)
Our team in Hamburg is currently looking for a driven person to support our strategic growth plans for Landor in Germany. The focus of the role will be on delivering inbound business development as well as supporting on the overall EMEA strategic growth vision. You will be reporting to and working closely with the Managing Director of Landor Germany (based in Hamburg) and the Executive Director Innovation/Strategic Growth EMEA (based in London).
The position is currently limited in time for the duration of maternity and parental leave.
The key objective for this role is “Fame and Fortune for Landor Germany”. We want YOU to help us increase awareness, improve perception, and reach our ambitious growth targets.
The role has three main components:
- Reactive business development: Qualification of leads (in collaboration with MD or ED). Preparing responses to RFIs and RFPs, coordinating pitches
- Proactive business development: Based on regional strategic growth plan and local plan support senior leadership team in executing strategy through targeted outreach (preparing and executing campaigns, reporting on campaign success)
- Marketing and PR: Support our regional marketing team and work closely with our German PR agency to increase awareness and improve / change perception of Landor in the German market.
What we are looking for:
Attitudes and behaviours
Landor delivers brand-led growth for its clients through brand strategy and expansive creative. We pride ourselves of (re-)inventing agile brands. Our culture is centered around four key behaviors:
- Listen: To our customers, your instincts, your peers, the environment in which we live
- Excite: Be energetic, enthusiastic and creative
- Grow: Your expertise, your knowledge, the brands we create, our teams
- Be Fearless: Make bold decisions, challenge the status quo, learn from mistakes, and try new things all the time
We are looking for an individual ready to embody these behaviors, someone with a growth mindset, keen to learn, keen to collaborate, keen to win.
Our ideal new colleague will be:
- A great collaborator and relationship builder
- A keen learner with a growth mindset who thinks strategically
- A diligent project manager
Relationship building & Networking
- Build strong relationships with colleagues in all functions (Strategy, Creative, Client Services, Tech & Innovation) across Landor as well as the global Business
- Development and Marketing community
- Cultivate and develop relationships through industry connections, knowledge, exposure, promotion, and other viable methods in support of agreed Business
- Development strategy
- Be able to work with senior stakeholders, keep them informed in a timely manner and brief concisely and completely
- Interact in a positive, professional and motivating manner
- You will be the first interaction a prospect has with Landor, so you will be a key ambassador of our brand
- Be able to tell the Landor story (our origins, our values and behaviors, rituals and symbols), explain our way of working and our points of differentiation
- Be able to know our key client relationships and tell the most important success stories confidently to prospective clients
- Understand proprietary tools and process to confidently sell to clients
- Embrace and display passion and curiosity for design and branding
- Embrace and champion all of Landor’s capabilities across our Brand Experience Map: including Insights & Analytics, Strategy, Innovation, Design, Naming/Verbal/Sonic Identity, Environments, Digital, and Culture & Engagement
- Present internally and externally (as required) with confident delivery
Project / Financial Management & Reporting
- Management of Hamburg’s new business pipeline ad reporting in CRM software to ensure accurate reporting
- Ownership of the development of new and existing Business Development tools (case studies, testimonials etc.).
- Responsibility for keeping MD and ED up to date on incoming business opportunities
- Management of the business development server (correct and updated filing, folder management, updating tools section, etc)
- Collaboration with the Client Service and Strategy teams to ensure correspondence, presentations and proposals seen by prospective and existing clients are error-free, high quality, relevant to the client’s business challenges, and reflective of Landor’s approach
Capabilities (Success Factors)
- Solid understanding of how brands and businesses work
- Demonstrated ability to generate ideas and the “hook” that will make Landor stand out
- Experience collaborating across multiple functions and multiple personalities
- Meets challenges head-on and deals proactively with them to find a solution
- Have high standards for work and impeccable attention to detail
- Solid skills in MS Office Suite
- Ability to effectively prioritise
How to become yellow-blooded
Landor has a different vibe to other agencies. We consider ourselves a big family spanning 27 offices across 5 continents. We like to say the people who work here are yellow-blooded. We are energetic, passionate and all round nice people to hang out with. We also know how to enjoy Hamburg’s most stunning roof-top harbour view on a Friday evening. If you can find yourself in this description – then you could be a Senior Growth Manager for us! We are looking for a Senior Growth Manager, who brings 4 years of experience in a branding consultancy, advertising agency or business consultancy. Please send over your Resume and your CV in your application.