Lancium is dedicated to accelerating the energy transition. We create technologies and build infrastructure that balances and stabilizes the power grid while encouraging more clean energy production.
Reporting to the Vice President, Portfolio Optimization, the Quantitative Analyst will be responsible for providing analysis resulting in strategies for maximizing margins for Lancium’s 2GW+ development pipeline of CCC’s initially located in ERCOT and operated as Controllable Load Resources (CLR).
The Quantitative Analyst will have an initial focus on developing analytical tools related to ERCOT, managing data inputs, preparing fundamental market research in the energy and digital asset space, development, and implementation of quantitative models and, assisting with ad hoc requests. Ability to document process and create strategy documentation for external stakeholders so knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint is important.
The Quantitative Analyst will support the broader Asset Optimization & Analytics team which carries out the following functions: Power Operations (ERCOT Qualified Scheduling Entity (QSE) - Level 4), Power/Ancillaries Optimization, Transmission Optimization, Digital Asset Optimization, Structured Origination and Market Analytics & Data Science.
- Conduct fundamental and statistical analysis
- Create and maintain sustainable analytical models and associated data
- Maintain financial models
- Contribute to various forecast models
- Carry out scenario analysis
- Maintain key metric dashboards for the leadership team
- Model existing hosting contracts and resulting positions
- Assist in calculating risk management metrics
- PhD (preferred) degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or another highly quantitative field
- Expert level knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, VBA for Excel and Python
- Strong knowledge of probability and statistics with experience in machine learning and time series analysis
- Proficient in aggregation and analysis of large datasets
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with power markets, including ERCOT wholesale trading and power purchase agreements.
- Familiarity with Bitcoin mining and experience with cryptocurrency (BTC, LTC, ETC, etc.) a plus
Where and When You Will Work
- Houston (The Woodlands), TX
- Monday to Friday
- Possibility for limited work from home flexibility