In Lana we want to provide accessible financial services through technology to traditionally underserved customers in LATAM, starting with gig-economy workers.
To do so, we have created a platform with an app that allows users to get access to tailored-made financial services in one single place and take control of their money to do great things with it.
Lana is currently operating in Mexico and Chile, but we have created a technological platform that would help us start operations in other countries in LATAM very soon.
We closed our funding round early this year that would allow us to improve our technology, expand our product offering, and continue growing and expanding into new markets. We are officially approved in Mexico as a financial institution by Comisión Nacional Bancaria y de Valores.
Would you like to join us in this challenge?
About the role
Lana is looking for a Senior QA Automation Engineer to join our product team, to help establish best practices with regard to testing our native mobile and web applications.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with our backend, mobile and web developers to select the proper tools for ui and api automation for our products.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of test automation tools, in conjunction with our in-house SRE team
- Plan, create and manage the overall quality planning strategy, including manual test cases as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the product development team to ensure consistent quality and project execution.
- Identify quality assurance process bottlenecks and suggest actions for improvement
- Provide in-house coaching and training for our developers, product managers, and other interested parties, with regard to their interaction with QA tools and procedures
- Identify key KPIs for product quality
- Have been working with so many tools (Cucumber, Webdriver.io, Selenium, Appium, TestCompete, or similar) that you will help us to select the right one for our project
- Have more than 5 years as a QA and the last 5 in automation.
- Also, you have experience in software development.
- Write clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Communicate effectively and asynchronously.
- Care about the things that affect the company, your team, and yourself.
- Strongly favor simplicity over complexity.
Who are you?
- You identify with our values: Transparency, Social Impact and Empowerment
- You are humble and eager to learn and build
- You prefer leading by example than imposition
- You are proactive to take on responsibilities, make decisions and always have solid arguments
- You can defend your ideas but are flexible and empathetic to understand other’s positions
- You know how to make tradeoffs. You translate ideas and needs into actionable plans at various levels (roadmaps, milestones, tasks, etc.).
- You are comfortable communicating in English (spoken and written).
- You have a sense for identifying, exploiting and elevating bottlenecks.
- You enjoy herding cats and shaving yaks.
This of course is not a comprehensive list that you have to match 100% but just a general guideline, if you don't fit all of it, apply anyway!
About the Process
- First, we meet in a 20 to 30 minutes call.
- The second step is a fun code challenge.
- Then we do a Tech Talk based on your experience and challenge.
- Lastly, we do a personality-oriented interview where we talk about your goals and dreams.
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want to change that. Here are some more reasons why to join us:
- Flexible working hours and working remotely are up to you!
- Along with your local paid vacation plus all the public holidays, you will have half a day on your birthday and child's birthday.
- Vales de Despensa
- 500 USD / Year budget for training (books, e-learning platforms…)
- (If you join us in a city where we have an office) Nice office environment with free fruit and coffee.
- Great team and culture, just bring yourself!!!
Lana is proud of being an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of background, gender, religion, orientation, age, or ability.