In Lana we want to provide accessible financial services through technology to traditionally underserved customers in LATAM, starting with gig-economy workers.
To do so, we have created a platform with an app that allows users to get access to tailored-made financial services in one single place and take control of their money to do great things with it.
Lana is currently operating in Mexico and Chile, but we have created a technological platform that would help us start operations in other countries in LATAM very soon.
Would you like to join us in this challenge?
About the role...
Projects you could work on:
- Helping us maintain and expand our infrastructure on Kubernetes (GKE)
- Take a lead role in implementation and maintenance of system health monitoring, and alerting
- Extend and maintain our automated deployment and testing pipelines
- Scaling our ever-growing logging platform (such as Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana on Kubernetes) to keep up with the business demands.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be:
- Evolving our infrastructure platform building self-service components that will be used by all the engineering team and by millions of users around the world.
- Working closely with our Product and Infrastructure teams to architecture and develop first-class infrastructure components.
- Designing and implementing tooling to improve the availability, scalability, observability and latency of our services, which are used by internal customers to deploy and operate their services.
- Defining SLIs, SLOs and SLAs as part of the services lifecycle.
- Sharing an on-call schedule for the platform services you own.
- Solving problems in our highly available platform together with other teams, then build automations to prevent incidents from happening again.
- Participating in our recruiting process to help grow our engineering team.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Think Unix, you know the networking stack, the OSI model, containers (and schedulers), and you know your way around monitoring, logging and the CAP theorem (bonus!).
- Have strong programming skills at least in one language, and know your way around a few more or can learn them if the opportunity arises.
- Automate yourself out of everything by nature, making machines do the toil.
- Communicate effectively and asynchronously.
- Care about the things that affect the company, your team, and yourself.
- Embrace diversity and humbleness (and a bit of trolling).
- Prefer taking iterative action over waiting for things to happen or to be perfect.
- Strongly favor simplicity over complexity.
- Have a sense for identifying, exploiting and elevating bottlenecks.
- Enjoy herding cats and shaving yaks.
We’re a growing fast and we are SUPER motivated with the project, but If we still haven't convinced you...
- Flexible working hours.
- Along with you vacations we have 2 extra days off over the Christmas period and half a day on your birthday and/or child's birthday.