In Lana we want to provide accessible financial services through technology to traditionally underserved customers in LATAM, starting with gig-economy workers.
To do so, we have created a platform with an app that allows users to get access to tailored-made financial services in one single place and take control of their money to do great things with it.
Lana is currently operating in Mexico and Chile, but we have created a technological platform that would help us start operations in other countries in LATAM very soon.
Would you like to join us in this challenge?
As an engineer in Lana, you will be working with awesome people solving complex problems that influence and improve the lives of our customers.
Our current backend tech stack for this project consists of:
- Docker + Kubernetes
What we’re looking for:
We’re searching for systems engineers with a deep understanding of how to deal with securing sensitive information and the intricacies of how different technologies work together to maintain a robust and complex production system. Your objective will be to help developers deploy and maintain their code in production, with excessive monitoring and an unhealthy obsession in security best practices.
This is a hands-on role in a new project within the group, so it's a great opportunity to make your mark from the very beginning. Your decisions will affect how the company moves in the future.
We'll be looking for most of the following in your profile:
- Strong educational background, e.g Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
- Ability to communicate with the team in English (written and spoken)
- Unix/Linux systems guru knowledge
- A background in security and a deep understanding of the potential risks.
- PCI experience highly valued.
- Real-time distributed systems deployment.
- A preference for simple system architectures and micro-services, including experience in technologies like Docker.
- Advanced networking knowledge.
- Ability to work autonomously in an unstructured environment.
- Passion for writing simple, clean and efficient code and/or solutions.
- Comfortable with complex git/github workflows (submodules, branches, forks, pull requests, merging, rebasing)
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want to change that. Here are some more reasons why to join us:
- Fully remote or flexible working hours and remote days (we currently work remotely 2 or 3 days per week)
- Along with the holidays, you will have half a day on your birthday and child's birthday.
- Fun team and personal development programs.
(The benefits will be different if you are in a city where we have an office Chile/Mexico/Spain)
- Any additional benefit approved by Lana’s board for your employee tier.
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself!
Lana is proud of being an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of background, gender, religion, orientation, age, or ability.