Lambda's GPU cloud is used by deep learning engineers at Stanford, Berkeley, and MIT. Lambda's on-prem systems power research and engineering at Intel, Microsoft, Kaiser Permanente, major universities, and the Department of Defense.
If you'd like to build the world's best deep learning compute systems, join us.
*Note: This position requires presence in our San Jose Headquarters 5 days per week.
About the role
We are looking for a highly-driven Buyer to join our team and ensure operational success of the procurement organization. In this role, you will be responsible for purchasing, inventory management, sourcing, negotiations, and managing vendor relationships. You will also serve as a liaison between suppliers, customers, the planning team, and other internal team members.
What You’ll Do
- Manage purchasing and material availability for the various raw materials required to support production activities
- Coordinate and own materials fulfillment and logistics for raw materials from purchase order through point of delivery
- Ensure effective quality communication and documentation with vendors
- Lead procurement activities including vendor identification, RFQ (requests for quote), quote analysis, and vendor selection
- Ensure operational alignment with our production plan and KPIs
- Lead our EDI implementation project
- Conduct daily walks on the “Gemba” to investigate and resolve material issues
- Support material transfers and supplier reviews with the Supply Chain team
- Visit suppliers as needed - internal and external
- Manage Phase In/Phase Out (PIPO/NPI) to minimize obsolete material
- Provide pricing analysis and make recommendations as necessary
- Collaborate cross-functionally with departments such as operations, finance, and logistics to understand and address business needs
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to procurement policies, procedures, and systems
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field (or 5 years of related experience in manufacturing/planning)
- Have professional experience in project management
- Have experience in buying and procurement
- Are proficient in basic mathematics
- Are able to build and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers
- Are able to effectively negotiate contracts and terms to achieve favorable agreements.
- Are proficient in Google Sheets/Microsoft Excel
- Have a collaborative attitude and willingness to learn
- Have worked cross functionally with Accounting, Engineering, and Sales teams to ensure customer satisfaction
- Have experience with New Product Introductions
Nice to Have
- Experience in the machine learning or computer hardware industry
- Purchasing for large scale projects such as data center deployments
- 5-10 years of supply chain experience
- ERP software experience (Netsuite in particular)
- APICS certification
- Lean manufacturing experience
- We offer generous cash & equity compensation
- Investors include Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund
- We are experiencing extremely high demand for our systems, with quarter over quarter, year over year profitability
- Our research papers have been accepted into top machine learning and graphics conferences, including NeurIPS, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, and TOG
- We have a wildly talented team of 200, and growing fast
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Commuter/Work from home stipends
- 401k Plan with 2% company match
- Flexible Paid Time Off Plan that we all actually use
Salary Range Information
Based on market data and other factors, the salary range for this position is $90,000-$165,000. However, a salary higher or lower than this range may be appropriate for a candidate whose qualifications differ meaningfully from those listed in the job description.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match all of the listed expectations to apply for this position. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lambda is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.