Lambda's mission is to accelerate human progress with computation. Our Deep Learning workstations, servers, and cloud services power Machine Learning engineers at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence research, fueling advancements in quantum computing, cancer detection, autonomous aircraft, drug discovery, self-driving cars, and much more.
Lambda provides Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning infrastructure to organizations like Intel, Microsoft, Amazon Research, Tencent, Kaiser Permanente, MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech, and the Department of Defense.
Join us in building the future of Artificial Intelligence.
About the Role
As Lambda's Head of Customer Support, you will lead a team of technical and customer service professionals responsible for making sure that our customers’ issues are resolved and that their machine learning hardware and software are working as intended. Your core responsibility will be to make sure that the Customer Support team performs at a high level while scaling to keep pace with Lambda’s rapid growth.
What You'll Do
- Build a team with a positive and customer-centric culture responsible for:
- Hardware warranty service - replacing components, repairing machines, and upholding our hardware warranty
- Linux technical support - providing guidance and software technical support for Lambda Stack
- Post-sale customer support - shipping, onboarding, returns, and RMAs
- Field and remote service for high performance computing clusters
- Internal documentation and training
- External documentation - getting started guides and product documentation
- Create scalable processes for addressing service tickets efficiently
- Track and improve key metrics such as percent of tickets addressed within SLA (service level agreement) and customer effort score
- Plan staffing levels and lead hiring for the team
- Have led a team supporting highly technical products, preferably combining hardware and software.
- Know what to focus on to deliver great customer support
- Are excellent at hiring, onboarding, and developing your team members.
- Have a track record of establishing new processes and measuring their outcomes.
- Use your quantitative skills to track performance, run experiments, and plan for the future.
- Are a skilled communicator who is equally comfortable working on technical and business issues
Nice To Have
- Knowledge of linux system administration
- Knowledge of machine learning, computer architecture, GPU computing, and data center infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience with servers, workstations, or high performance computing products.
- We offer generous cash & equity compensation.
- Investors include Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund.
- We are experiencing a high rate of growth and have 10x’d over the last 3 years.
- Our research papers have been accepted into top machine learning and graphics conferences, including NeurIPS, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, and TOG.
- We have a wildly talented team of 60, and are growing fast.
- Our remote workforce, based on role, is across the U.S., with headquarters in San Francisco.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents.
- Commuter/Work from home stipends.
- 401k Plan.
- 3 weeks Annual Paid Time Off.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match all of the listed expectations to apply for this position. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Lambda Labs, Inc. is a federal contractor that is subject to the COVID-19 vaccination requirements of Executive Order 14042. Because this position is covered by Executive Order 14042, all newly hired employees in this role must be fully vaccinated, unless subject to an approved disability or religious accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lambda Labs is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.