Location: Must be willing to work on site at our San Francisco location 5 days a week and be willing to travel.
Lambda's mission is to accelerate human progress with computation. Our Deep Learning workstations, servers, and cloud services power ML engineers at the forefront of AI research, fueling advancements in quantum computing, cancer detection, autonomous aircraft, drug discovery, self driving cars, and much more.
Lambda provides Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning infrastructure to organizations like Apple, Intel, Microsoft, Amazon Research, Tencent, Kaiser Permanente, MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech and the Department of Defense.
About the Role
Lambda is growing! Come work at a profitable startup where we’re building powerful research computers and software for Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence experts around the world.
As a Senior Production Planner, you'll be building and leading the production planning function for a Configure-To-Order (CTO) environment. The Sr Production Planner is expected to manage production plans along with managing BOM’s, raw material inventory and customer shipments.
What You’ll Do
- Develop weekly production plans for Finished Good products based on the Sales Orders
- Proactively communicate with customer service, catalog, Marketing/Sales when availability issues arise that will impact order fulfillment and provide projected backorder and delivery dates.
- Communicate production dates and finished goods availability to all interested parties.
- Set up and maintain Master Data accuracy within Planning System(s); determine optimized order quantities, safety stock parameters and production frequencies.
- Partner with Commodity Management, Material Planning, Suppliers, Manufacturing and Sales on a day to day basis.
- Work closely with the Manufacturing team, Commodity Managers & Material Planners to guarantee efficient communication processes with suppliers are maintained through meetings and reporting schedules and ensure appropriate lead times and minimum order quantities are in effect.
We’re looking for someone who is inherently hands-on yet has the know-how and would be ready to take the next step forward in their career at a startup, drive change and build for growth in order to help scale the company. This role is a great way to gain experience on how to build a production planning function ground up in a B2B AI-focused company, which is a great stepping stone into future SC opportunities. We’re looking for those who want a front row seat to the ML space.
Experience We’re Looking For
- B.A./B.S. (MBA preferred) with 2+ years experience in supply planning
- Experienced with production/supply planning in CTO/MTO manufacturing environments
- Demonstrated strong understanding of Supply Planning, Capacity Planning, MRP, Product Lifecycle Management, Master Scheduling, and Inventory Management.
- Highly Analytical & Strong in Math Analytical Reporting skills
- Able to work in a dynamic, changing and growing environment
- Experience working in Google Workspace (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive) and / or Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Knowledge of the High-Tech Hardware or Cloud industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with ML / AI / Deep Learning
Quick Company Highlights
- Our research papers have been accepted into the top machine learning and graphics conferences, including ICCV, SIGGRAPH Asia, NeurIPS, and ACM Transactions on Graphics (TOG).
- We are profitable and have tripled in growth since founding the company.
- We’re backed by investors including Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund.
- Lambda operates as a remote workforce based on role. We produce hardware in our SF location and also have employees located remotely across the US.
- We offer generous cash & equity compensation
- We provide employer sponsored benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401k Plan
- 3 weeks Annual Paid Time Off
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lambda Labs is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.