Location: San Francisco, CA. Must be willing to travel.
Lambda's mission is to accelerate human progress with computation. Our Deep Learning workstations, servers, and cloud services power ML engineers at the forefront of AI research, fueling advancements in quantum computing, cancer detection, autonomous aircraft, drug discovery, self driving cars, and much more.
Lambda provides Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning infrastructure to organizations like Apple, Intel, Microsoft, Amazon Research, Tencent, Kaiser Permanente, MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech and the Department of Defense.
About the Role
Lambda is growing! Come work at a profitable startup where we’re building powerful research computers and software for Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence experts around the world. Lambda is looking for a Global Commodity Manager with experience in the computing, high performance computing (HPC), and enterprise IT markets. You will work closely with engineering, manufacturing, finance, and sales to manage the supply chain for our Artificial Intelligence workstations, servers, laptops, and cloud.
What You’ll Do
- Develops and gains strategic and executive alignment for complex RFQ and supplier recommendations
- Develops and negotiates the Terms & Conditions of contracts, involving executives as appropriate
- Maximizes and optimizes overall leverage with supply base. Drives the adoption and implementation of new technologies to provide Lambda a competitive advantage. Drives the analysis and negotiation of product cost and contracts
- Identifies and implements opportunities for cost savings optimization
- Challenges supply chain norms to generate out of the box opportunities for cost savings and supply chain optimization and implements as appropriate
- Performs and communicates supply chain cost forecasting or revenue opportunities based on trend analysis and market conditions.
- Reduce risk of component obsolescence
- Stay up-to-date on new product launches
- Proactively communicate with Supply Planning and Manufacturing teams about the supply chain challenges
- Partner with Supply Planner, Suppliers, Manufacturing and Sales Engineering team on a day to day basis
We’re looking for someone who is inherently hands-on yet has the know-how and would be ready to take the next step forward in their career at a startup, drive change and build for growth in order to help scale the company. This role is a great way to gain experience on how to manage suppliers and build/scale supply chain from ground up in a B2B AI-focused company, which is a great stepping stone into future opportunities. We’re looking for those who want a front row seat to the ML space.
Experience We’re Looking For
- B.A./B.S. (MBA preferred) with 6+ years experience in as a supply chain manager or commodity management at a system integrator or computer manufacturer
- Demonstrated strong understanding of Supply Planning, Capacity Planning, MRP, Product Lifecycle Management, Sourcing Strategies, and Inventory Management
- Global sourcing and purchasing contract negotiation
- Strategic supplier selection and management; services, commodities, etc
- Cost modeling and cost reduction negotiation; balancing both cost and quality
- Excellent communicator (verbal, written, interpersonal)
- Exemplary leadership skills interacting across the org internally and externally with customers, vendors, OEMs, and partners
- Relationship builder who operates with high integrity
- Exceptional focus on high quality, attention to detail and customer advocacy
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, quantitative, or scientific field a plus
- Highly Analytical & Strong in Math Analytical Reporting skills
- Able to work in a dynamic, changing and growing environment
- Knowledge of the High-Tech Hardware or Cloud industry
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with ML / AI / Deep Learning
Quick Company Highlights
- Our research papers have been accepted into the top machine learning and graphics conferences, including ICCV, SIGGRAPH Asia, NeurIPS, and ACM Transactions on Graphics (TOG)
- We are profitable and have tripled in growth since founding the company
- We’re backed by investors including Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund
- Lambda operates as a remote workforce based on role. We produce hardware in our SF location and also have employees located remotely across the US
- We offer generous cash & equity compensation
- We provide employer sponsored benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401k Plan
- 3 weeks Annual Paid Time Off
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lambda Labs is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.