Lambda's mission is to accelerate human progress with computation. Our deep learning systems push advancements in quantum computing, cancer detection, autonomous aircraft, drug discovery, self driving cars, and much more.
Our customers include Apple, Intel, Microsoft, Amazon Research, Tencent, Kaiser Permanente, MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech and the Department of Defense.
Join us in building the next generation of AI research machines.
About the Role
As a Systems Engineer at Lambda, you will help design multi-million dollar clusters for the Fortune 500, DoD, and major research institutions.
What You’ll Do
- Leverage your engineering and software expertise in enterprise sales situations, enabling Lambda to cultivate future solution sales with existing customers and to secure new ones.
- Listen to our customers’ requirements as provided by their Engineers, Data Scientists, and Machine Learning researchers.
- Engineer tailored solutions based on those requirements including working on build of materials as well engaging with relevant software distribution platforms
- Work alongside our sales, engineering and operations team to deliver a complete solution (systems and clusters including computational, storage and networking setup from the component level on both the hardware and software level) for the customer.
- Engage across the org during all phases of the strategic sales lifecycle
Experience that's great to have
- Over 5 years of experience in engineering or sales engineering for enterprise hardware and/or software.
- Design and deployment of HPC clusters for internal or external customers
- Experience with providing consultative customer solutions with technologies such as:
- SFP+ fiber, InfiniBand (IB) / 100 GbE network fabric experience
- Ethernet, switching, power infrastructure, GPU direct, RDMA, NCCL, Horovod environment
- SLURM, Kubernetes, or other job scheduling systems is STRONGLY preferred
- Experience with distributed GPU training systems and third party ML Ops platforms is a strong plus
- Understanding of the hardware, software, and tools used by our customers.
- Experience working with the technologies that underpin our business such as: Deep Learning frameworks, GPU acceleration, virtualization, and cloud computing.
- General knowledge of the AI and Machine Learning marketplace and the major players a strong plus.
- Innate curiosity about our customers and their technical needs
- Keen situational awareness in customer situations, employing diplomacy and tact
- Self-directed, results driven
- Bachelor's degree in EE, CS, Physics, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience.
- Our research papers have been accepted into top conferences, including ICCV, SIGGRAPH Asia, NeurIPS, and ACM Transactions on Graphics (TOG).
- We’re profitable and growing fast.
- We’re a team of 27 people.
- We operate as a remote workforce based on role. We produce hardware in our SF location and also have employees located remotely across the US.
- We’re backed by Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund.
- Generous cash & equity compensation.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents.
- 401(k) plan.
- 3 weeks annual paid time off (PTO)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lambda Labs is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.