Founded in 2002, Laird+Partners is the leading branding and creative agency specializing in fashion, luxury, and lifestyle. We combine sound strategic thinking with the highest level of creative execution.
Current clients include: Tommy Hilfiger, Tiffany & Co., Hue, Jimmy Choo, Ferragamo, among others. Please visit us at lairdandpartners.com for more information on the agency.
We are currently seeking an Art Director to join our talented Creative team. Our Art Directors are a part of an integrated team, working on multiple brands with a focus on fashion and beauty. This role will focus on the innovation and translation of brands into effective and cohesive messaging for print and a range of integrated media.
Successful candidates must innovate in connecting, be passionate about the fashion and beauty industry, and have the highest level of aesthetic and execution.
- Concepting with the integrated team to deliver the best, most innovative creative ideas while maintaining a cohesive brand voice/identity. Support concepts and layouts with clear rationale. Ownership of work from concept through launch
- Responsible for leading the creation of a range of concepts and layouts for print campaigns and photo shoots, logos, graphic and video assets for social media, and other digitally-lead initiatives, while always maintaining cohesive branding
- Knowledgeable and innovative on photo shoots, with focus on content capture for all channels
- Responsible for photo shoot planning - recommendations on shoot team, compiling of shoot needs, on shoot direction to team, on set art direction
- Responsible for reviewing, organizing, and editing images post shoot. Also, communicating retouching directions with CD, the approval of mechanicals, layouts, and other deliverables in post production
- Partner with marketing team to deliver a range of superior creative executions, reflective of brand position and proper hierarchy of message
- Collaborate with team and other innovative ideas for creative briefs, design needs to offer the best deliverable deadlines
- Track multiple parallel deadlines with exceptional attention to detail
- Must have a solid understanding and desire to keep up to date with innovation, industry, and design trends
- High design aesthetics, typography, great taste, and interest in developing art direction and concepting skills to the highest level
- College degree with focus in Graphic Design and/or Art Direction
- 5+ years of experience in the fashion/beauty industry, specifically in Art Direction
- Innovative concepting skills, and great presentation skills
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite: Especially Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign
- Comfortable with basic functions of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Comfortable managing designers and freelancers
- Natural communicator with strong visual and verbal presentation skills
- Positive attitude, genuine team player with a self-starter and go-getter attitude
- Highly organized and able to multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment