The Safety Program Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and administration of all health and safety functions within our facility. Through coaching, open communication and active involvement in all departments, this position is responsible for creating a culture of safety. The position also requires strong interpersonal skills to work with employees on the production floor. This position serves as a subject matter expert to ensure compliance with company, state and federal regulations. Results-oriented safety leadership to the Studio is mandatory.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs job site analysis, determine employee exposure, and institute safe work procedures.
- Maintains all site-required documentation related to safety issues, i.e. accident reports, inspection reports, training logs.
- Prepares and executes all safety and emergency action plan meetings, drills and events.
- Performs research on safety regulations, measures, and current safety trends.
- Develops and conducts onsite training.
- Evaluates compliance of OSHA regulations and company policies.
- Responsible for managing MSDS program.
- Performs ergonomic assessments in a variety of employee work environments.
- Conducts new hire orientation and safety tours.
- Builds effective relationships with employees through frequent job safety observations.
- Coordinates Job Hazard Analysis, Personal Protective Equipment Assessments, as well as hearing and physical exams for employees as required by OSHA or other regulatory authorities.
- Bachelor degree in Safety, Occupation Health or related field.
- 5+ year experience in production/manufacturing environment of which 3 or more years is directly related to Occupational/Environmental safety.
- CSP preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, First Aid, CPR, and Construction/Manufacturing safe practices.
- Strong presentation and writing skills.
- Ability to teach, mentor and lead.
- Experience in research methods.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office software
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please review our Employment Disclaimer and Materials Submission Agreement.