The Stage Technician manages the technology and flow of data from the stage to the Media Services department.
Essential Job Functions
- Support the camera, animation and production crew in maintaining the capture systems on stage
- Serve as on-stage presence for Information Technology and Media Services
- Perform regular maintenance and troubleshooting of capture systems and associated equipment
- Monitor data integrity, disk space and network speeds as well as overall capture system health.
- Monitor calibrations and profiles of both monitors and SLR cameras
- Assist in testing of potential new systems and software for the stage workflow
- Help with backups of all data arriving from the stage
- Provide a second outlet for demands from all departments for access to any information that comes from the stage in any formats they may require
- Monitor and manage disk space for the production, keeping files on line while in progress and archiving them as necessary
- Assemble and repair stage technology and equipment as needed
- Relevant technical certification and/or 2-3 years of related computer experience
- Experience in troubleshooting technical/computer problems
- Experience with OS-X required, Linux optional
- Proficient Command Line / Terminal experience required
- Knowledge and experience in data wrangling and the importance of data integrity and naming conventions
- Basic knowledge of photographic principals
- Documentation skills to our wiki on the intranet
- Film/stage experience preferred
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please review our Employment Disclaimer and Materials Submission Agreement.