The Stage Technician manages the technology and flow of data from the stage to the Information Technology department.
Essential Job Functions
- Support the Camera Crew and Production in maintaining the capture systems on stage
- Be an on stage presence for Information Technology
- Regular maintenance and troubleshooting of capture systems and associated equipment
- Monitoring of data integrity and network speeds, whilst ensuring data sharing adheres to established workflows
- Monitoring of calibrations and profiles of both monitors and cameras
- Assist in testing of potential new systems and software for the stage workflow
- Help with backups of all data arriving from the stage.
- Provide a second outlet for demands from all departments for access to any information that comes from the stage in any formats they may require
- Monitor and manage disk space for the production, keeping files on line while in progress and archiving them as necessary
- Relevant technical certification and/or 2-3 years of related work experience.
- Experience in troubleshooting technical/computer problems.
- Knowledge and experience in data wrangling and the importance of data integrity and naming conventions.
- Basic knowledge of photographic principals.
- Must be familiar with the basics of terminal/command line tools.
- Experience with OS X.
- Film/stage experience preferred.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please review our Employment Disclaimer and Materials Submission Agreement.