The Services Manager oversees services programs for the studio and provides leadership for the site services staff. In addition to the day to day operations, they are responsible for the continual improvement of the services provided by the department. Responsible for creating policies and procedures the Administrative Services staff adheres to, as well as providing appropriate training when necessary. In this fast paced production environment, this position will ensure all site and service issues are addressed in a professional and timely manner.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees the service request process and ensures completion according to department’s internal service level standards with a strong focus on customer service.
- Directly manage and coordinate duties of site Service Coordinators and assistants, Reception Coordinators, Archivists and Project Staff.
- Contributes to the strategic planning of the department in areas of safety, training, facility and equipment services.
- Partners with production staff on service and building related issues including improving workplace environments.
- Develop and manage transportation programs including vanpool and various incentives strategies including state compliance initiatives.
- Ensure fiscal policies and procedures are followed and make recommendations regarding budget requirements for staffing and service needs.
- Responsible for department specific vendor management with an emphasis on evaluation of cost management.
- Oversees service programs including building services, reception services, visitor management, document management and archiving.
- Collaborate with HR and Production on support for studio events and activities.
- Identify and execute special projects and programs including researching, compiling information, and oversee to completion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related subject or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 3-5 years of management experience working in a fast paced operations capacity with a strong emphasis on customer service.
- Understanding of OHSA, and other employment regulations.
- Knowledge of production and entertainment industry a plus.
- Strong collaborator and ability to lead and mentor a team
- Experience creating and organizing budgets and successfully keeping within the cost parameters of operations.
- Strong time management, organizational and follow-up skills with attention to detail.
- Strong customer service and coordination experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot in a variety of situations, while being resourceful in determining solutions.
- Ability to work well under pressure within given deadlines and handle last minute tasks.
- Outstanding communication skills (both verbally and in writing) and the ability to work effectively with all levels in the organization including people with different styles and backgrounds.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.