The Production Supervisor’s responsibility is to manage and oversee the Art Department’s overall schedule, build process, employees and ensure the department’s ongoing communication with production. He/she is responsible for delivering functional builds according to schedule, on time and on budget while staying on style as defined by the Director and Production Designer.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop fabrication schedules in conjunction with the Producer/Production Management and department HODs.
- Working closely with Producer and Production Accountant, estimate budget construction costs and coordinate build schedule based on script breakdowns, concept art and hiring needs. Responsible for re-bidding as necessary.
- Work with department coordinators to ensure that all schedule information is accurately recorded and communicated to crew.
- Alongside Safety Program Manager, ensure that the Set Fabrication Dept. adheres to all health and safety regulations.
- Oversee the purchasing, monitoring, and maintenance of all tools and materials necessary for fabrication.
- Oversee weekly department meetings and supervise follow-through on action items or any issues arising from these meetings.
- Supervise day-to-day operations and Art Department employees.
- Supervise Coordinators and PAs within the department.
- Responsible for working with the Producer and HR/Recruiting in hiring Art Department employees.
- In collaboration with HODs, stay apprised of new, relevant technologies and build relationships with independent contractors and outside vendors.
- Communicate with employees to help guide their professional growth within department and at Studio.
- Keep Art Department employees informed of studio, production, and departmental developments.
- Ensure regular communications with Producer/Production to flag issues and figure out solutions.
- Experience with set fabrication and design, preferably with a focus on stop-motion or miniatures.
- Experience with stop-motion feature or commercial fabrication preferred.
- 3+ years experience with managing artists preferred.
- Possess both creative and management skills.
- Knowledge of project management software (Shotgun, FastTrack, MS Project, Excel).
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.