TheRapid Prototyping Logistics Lead is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Rapid Prototype department’s face replacement supply chain, from printing, processing, testing, through to delivery of assets to the stages. He or she is also responsible for managing the Replacement Animation Tester and RPQA teams.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee the delegation of tasks and communication of production priorities to all Replacement Animation Testers and RPQAs. Establish best practices, troubleshoot problems, identify areas for improvement, and develop and implement systems/protocols to improve operations and ensure on-time delivery.
- Direct the allocation of staff resources, equipment, materials, and finished products in the face replacement supply chain, in order to meet production demands.
- Coordinate contingency plans for unexpected delivery issues that may arise. Communicate with the production team and negotiate revised delivery dates, as needed.
- Conduct regular safety discussions with crew members and ensure that expectations around safety and ergonomics are clearly understood. Monitor compliance, and help drive a proactive safety culture.
- Establish training protocols, and develop training materials, documentation, and technical guides for Replacement Animation Testers and RPQAs.
- Act as a conduit between the Replacement Animation Tester and RPQA teams, to ensure proper communication and consistent workflow on both sides.
- Collect data on efficiency and productivity, analyze it, and present findings and recommendations to RP department leadership.
- Participate in check-ins, performance reviews, and one-on-one meetings with all Replacement Animation Testers and RPQAs.
- Participate in staffing and shift-scheduling decisions for the Replacement Animation Tester and RPQA teams.
- Coordinate with Facilities on new equipment purchases, modifications, and repairs.
- B.S./B.A. or equivalent combination of education or experience
- 2+ years previous experience in operational logistics support
- 2+ years of previous management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills, including ability to effectively prioritize duties and assign responsibilities
- Ability to problem solve and work under pressure
- Ability to motivate others, and to coach and mentor staff members
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Quantitative analytical skills
- Proficiency with Excel and Microsoft Word
- Experience with Shotgun, a plus
- Stop Motion animation and prior production experience, a plus
- 3D printing experience, a plus
- Manufacturing, assembly, or warehousing experience, a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.