A compositor at LAIKA is responsible for seamlessly integrating stop motion, 2D and CG elements. They must be able to consistently deliver high quality work on a tight deadline.
Essential Job Functions
- Technical skill and a good critical eye for comp fundamentals such as keying, color and edgework
- Comfortable working both independently and under the guidance of a lead/ senior compositor
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to work with imperfect elements
- Able to understand and address notes quickly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- B.S./B.A. in film, art or related field or equivalent combination of education/or experience
- 3+ years Digital Compositing experience, preferably on feature films
- Experience in Nuke or other node based compositing software
- Photography or other film experience is a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.