This position performs two primary functions that are critical for the successful operation of the department and its initiatives. As a department finance manager, this position is responsible for the budgeting and purchase management of all capital, leasehold and indirect expenses. As a project manager, the position is responsible for management of both ongoing accounts, such as communications and printing; and special projects that benefit from the coordination of schedule, resources and task delegation across the team.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of capital, leasehold, maintenance and indirect equipment budgets
- Works directly with department members to ensure that purchases of equipment and services are made within budget parameters
- Manages key service and maintenance accounts
- Coordination and completion of projects on time and within budget
- Develops plan and schedules to monitor and track progress
- Coordinates the internal resources of all departments and external vendors
- Experience in purchasing and project management
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with team and outside vendors.
- Strong collaborator and ability to work well on a team.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Attention to detail, customer service oriented, and ability to work within a fast paced production environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.