The Creative Recruiter must be dynamic, energetic and dedicated to attracting Studio talent. This position involves recruiting for both salaried and hourly, production and non-production positions. The Creative Recruiter works closely with hiring managers in performing the job responsibilities associated with sourcing, identifying, interviewing and selecting qualified candidates to join LAIKA’s team.
Essential Job Functions
- Partner with hiring managers to discuss current and forecasted hiring needs and prioritize as necessary.
- Use a variety of recruiting methods to source hard-to-find candidates.
- Work with hiring managers to prepare job briefs, on-line/web postings, and other appropriate sources.
- Effectively manage recruiting for assigned open positions and entire process for each candidate as they move through the hiring process.
- Screen resumes and reel materials in various formats.
- Conduct phone screens and provide feedback to hiring managers.
- Assist hiring managers in reviewing resumes, tracking active candidates and scheduling/coordinating interviews with decision makers.
- Maintain positive relationships with candidates throughout the interview process.
- Attend conventions, conferences, associations, organizations, universities and colleges to provide visibility to the studio and create a pipeline of candidates for full time, freelance and internship positions.
- Update/write job descriptions, job briefs, and job postings to attract and focus the applicant pool appropriately.
- Generate appropriate offer paperwork and negotiate offers on behalf of hiring managers as needed.
- Track, report, and analyze strategic recruiting effectiveness and accomplishments of meeting hiring manager recruiting needs.
- Ability to lead meetings including setting up and managing computer software to showcase candidate reels, resumes and websites.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of full life-cycle recruiting experience.
- Previous experience in the entertainment industry preferred.
- Ability to meet recruiting goals and deadlines.
- Superior communication skills with candidates, internal clients (hiring managers), support staff and external clients.
- Effective time management and organizational skills a must.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and the ability to understand and adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent analytical/research skills
- Trained in interviewing techniques, preferably behavioral Interviewing.
- Excellent negotiating skills required.
- Expert skills in web searches.
- Comfortable using MS Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.