LAIKA is looking for an experienced Pipeline Engineer to work on the development and implementation of tools for our VFX department. You will support users of major software packages including Maya, Katana, Renderman, Nuke, Mari and Houdini. Focus is on developing custom applications and tools for asset management, version control, render farm management and integration with production management systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop new tools that improve flexibility and control for artists managing complex scenes and asset hierarchies.
- Refactor existing pipeline tools to utilize new 3rd party technologies and updates to major dcc packages
- Extend artist’s tools to utilize asset databases and task management software
- Collaborate with other engineers and lead artist to develop systems that integrate workflows across all VFX disciplines with a focus on scaling up capacity.
- Support applications development through documentation, training, and handling questions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience
- 5+ years of experience as a TD or Software Engineer supporting CG disciplines in the VFX or feature animation industry
- Strong knowledge of C++, Python and PyQT, or Pyside
- Experience with asset management system development, distributed rendering and UI design
- Experience with Developing for linux and Mac based users
- Experience with common API’s; Maya, Katana, Nuke, Shotgun
- Experience with Renderman and RIS preferred
- Experience with graph databases, Apache Tinkerpop preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.