The Purchasing Assistant provides direct support to the purchasing team. Responsible for securing the material resource needs of production through daily inventory checks and communication with department members and vendors relationships.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for assisting the Buyers in all facets of the purchasing process.
- Responsible for stocking and maintaining organization of inventory.
- Secure proper MSDS documentation for all new materials purchased and distribute to appropriate departments.
- Assist with purchasing relationships with all vendors including maintaining up to date vendor supply list.
- Provide support to the Shipping and Receiving Coordinator.
- Assist with quotes requests, preparation of PO’s, invoices, purchase card reconciliation, receipt documentation, and tracking.
- Make necessary runs for immediate purchasing needs.
- 2+ years experience in purchasing or in maintaining inventory or related experience.
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with team and outside vendors.
- Strong collaborator and ability to work well on a team.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Attention to detail, customer service oriented, and ability to work within a fast paced production environment.
- Driver’s License with safe driving record.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.