Responsible for the on-time delivery of all information and assets pertaining to Art Department Builds. Direct line of information to & from the Art Department in regards to all physically built assets (sets, props, decking, large rigs, etc). Manages all coordination & communication between Art Department shops and Stage.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage the Art Department Build & Delivery Schedule
- Direct and supervise the day-to-day operations of the Art Department Shop Coordinators, Production Assistants and Support Crew
- Oversee the delivery of assets internally (Set Fab to Landscapes to Scenic to Model shop and back where necessary) to ensure all shops are on schedule
- Coordinate and Facilitate Art Dept. meetings concerning Set Fabrication and delivery
- Manage Shooting Floor & Animator Set Requests
- Manage all areas of shop overflow
- Update & maintain Shotgun
- Work with Fabrication Supervisor and Production Supervisor to ensure all shops are operating at maximum capacity
- Additional duties including but not limited to: coordinating specialty studio-wide fabrication requests, manage builds, set up and removal of marketing related requests and maintain inventory of art department bulk building materials and supplies.
- B.S./B.A. in film, art or related field and/or 3+ years prior experience preferred
- Experience coordinating groups of people
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to plan, schedule, prioritize and monitor progress across multiple, interdependent departments
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Having an understanding of materials and processes used in film set fabrication
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs, Photoshop and scheduling software
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.