The CG Animator creates the performance of computer graphics characters and objects within a shot, using animation software tools such as Maya, to convey emotion, movement, action and personality.
Essential Job Functions
- Work under the general supervision of VFX Animation Lead, Animation Supervisor, and Director to animate a shot from blocking through final animation.
- Meet animation production deadlines as established by production management.
- Perform other tasks related to cg motion, including animation of props and effects elements.
- Read and break down dialogue tracks and plan shots according to shot action and sequence continuity.
- Create digital animation that integrates with the look and feel of a stop-motion production.
- Maintain a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2-3 years experience as a CG Character Animator in the entertainment industry.
- Strong understanding of traditional animation principles, acting, performance, layout, and composition for feature film production.
- Familiarity with Maya animation tools and workflow.
- Experience working in a visual effects pipeline.
- Experience working with motion capture data and crowds a big plus.
- Ability to bring characters and creatures to life.
- A firm grasp of technical animation issues including character effects and rigging is highly desired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.